French upvc door with integral window?

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by sherlock2, Jul 26, 2016.

1. sherlock2

sherlock2 New Member

Hi, At present I have rotten softwood double french doors to a patio with no window in room so ventilation is a bit tricky. Looking to replace these with a upvc french door that also opens inwards, however I would like a window either integral to one door that would not be used much or another idea is a single french door with adjacent side glazing window part of which would open like a window - in place of one door. Never seen an image online so just wondering if anyone including glazing personnel out there have. Thanks good people.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Not a problem, no idea of the width of your opening, also available with opening sidelight (s) or opening single,double top fanlight.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    sherlock2 likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

These are nice, but you don't see them here in the UK.

[​IMG]

sherlock2 likes this.
  4. sherlock2

sherlock2 New Member

Thank you KIAB. I guess what I am looking for is approximately half of third image with opening in door. 170cm wide by 205cm high hole size.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

PVC Single Door With Fanlight Sidelights, might be able to fully glazed stable doors as a french door option.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. sherlock2

sherlock2 New Member

Hey thats magic thank you. Pvc single door with 1 of the fanlight side lights would be the terminology then. Must admit tempted by stable door as we were dreaming about that possibilty earlier today and live in a modern mock fisherman's cottage. Much appreciated

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Fanlight is over a top of a doorway, & sidelight are one or both sides of a doorway.

If you got little ones, stables doors are brilliant, lock the bottom half, & have top half open, had one in the kitchen at last place.:)

sherlock2 likes this.
  8. Och, KIAB's pretty good, ain't he? :)

Sherl, you can whatever you want - just roughly sketch out what you are after, and traipse it around your local window/door makers.

When IU converted my attached garage, I wanted French doors instead of the old garage door. The end 'tall' window panel needed to be slopped to suit the roofline, and I'd assumed that this would be an issue. It simply isn't. And cost no more either.

Chust sketch what you want, and get some quotes. If they come back as unjustifiable 'silly money', chust say "What a shame - I can't stretch to that..." and walk away.

They'll soon be on the phone... :rolleyes:

KIAB and sherlock2 like this.
  9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Can make any shape in upvc.

10. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

We have the opening fan light like in Kiabs first picture. I got the firm to rig the stays so that it didn't open to enough to allow a burglar in.

Small firms with their own fabrication facility are brilliant. Down here we have a lot of short door openings non standard width and they get them to fit openings that are far from square. Making and fitting these in timber is always fun and always amazed at how they make it work in plastic