Fukushima Update.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Ryluer, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

"Is 300 tons of radioactive water flowing into an ocean containing 320 million trillion gallons of water significant"

Many scientists and experts believe it to be a significant amount.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

DA your theories about it being insignificant are much the same as global warming, yet people get worked up about that and governments buy it to it, why, because you can raise money from it, yet when it looks to be a real danger, it's swept under the carpet and dismissed as not being important, only time will tell and as I said earlier we will not be around to witness the real outcome of our self destruction of this planet.

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

That's right, the same as this is the 21st century, yet the year is 2015.

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

So your telling me that someone in their 60's are actually in their 70's. It's semantics at play here.. Anyway back to the subject at hand," Millions are gonna die" I have news for you Ryluer,,,, "(listen very carefully please),,,, Everyone is gonna die. :eek::eek::eek: A plain fact of nature mate. Your born to die. It's the one thing medical science won't find a cure for,,, the fact that one day we'll all die.

5. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

If you are in your sixties at the moment then you are in your seventh decade. No getting out of that one I'm afraid.

6. joinerjohn1

Still ain't gonna stop billions from dying though,,,,, is it?

7. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I would hope they die from natural causes and not man made poisons that will infect the planet for centuries.
    Because of the long-lived radiation in the region surrounding the former Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, the area won't be safe for human habitation for at least 20,000 years.

8. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Were working in a chicken processing facility at the moment. (Fitting a new roof on one section) They kill and process 90,000 chickens weekly. Which is a relatively small operation compared to the likes of Moy park.
    They spend about £15,000 per month on electricity to keep the vast amount of machines running. (which again is chicken feed compared to the big operators, no pun intended)
    They also have about 30 transport lorries on the roads.

They now say they need to increase their kill rate to 3000 per hour. To cover increasing costs and overheads.

If they supplied all those chickens to a select group of 90,000 people every week and suddenly those people decide to have their own chickens running around in their back yards.
    What do you think will happen?

That's a demand on electricity gone. And of course the supermarkets electricity bill goes down also as the refrigeration plant has less work to do.
    Lorries are removed from the roads and less fuel burned.

Building atomic boilers is not the answer.
    The perpetual state of burn, burn burn has to stop. Or at least slow down.

9. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

10. I have to ask you supplement your claims with ( a) naming these 'scientists' and 'experts', and (b) explain exactly what 'significant' means in this case.

Or else here is my flippant answer -'many scientists and experts believe it to be of no real consequence'.

You should have already noted that even from the much worse Chernobyl disaster - pretty much as bad as a melt-down can get - it is still statistically impossible to work out if there have been any additional deaths attributable to the radiation leak (ok, apart from those directly exposed through tackling the inferno without using proper equipment.)

But, if it helps you to run around in circles shouting and panicking, go ahead.

11. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

And of course when I name them you will accept that you are wrong in thinking its insignificant?
    I could name hundreds but it would be a pointless exercise with some one with his head stuck up his *

Edited due to unsuitable language

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
  12. joinerjohn1

I reckon the incidence of cancer is directly associated with the amount of Sky satellite dishes in an area. (and I bet I could probably prove some link there using statistics) ;););)

13. "I could name hundreds but it would be a pointless exercise with some one with his head stuck up his *

Nice.

The honest, undeniable truth here is that - right now - you couldn't name a single one.

Given enough time you could cut and paste perhaps a couple of dozen 'names' from the 'Fact25'-type surfin' you clearly do too much of, but would wouldn't be able to back up these names with any scientific credibility.

And when I stick my head up my *, it's not to go looking for my brain.

plumber-boy likes this.
  14. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Like I said I could name hundreds. But pointless.
    Clearly when you stick your head up your * you're dredging for another *

15. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

head_up_ass.jpg

teabreak likes this.
  16. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

I find it hard to debate such things when most of Ryluers posts can be traced word for word back to such twaddle as written by the likes of greenpeace or the telegraph, who all love a good bit of scaremongering, even better if it includes cancer.
    Saying that hundreds or thousands of scientists think this and that is irrelevant, there's millions of scientists worldwide with vastly different theories on everything, some with more accepted theories than others. Their opinions certainly matter less when some of these scientists are no doubt working for greenpeace and the like and are not going to release statements saying everything's okay.
    There a fair few hundred fully qualified structural engineers that have papers written on their theory that the twin towers were destroyed using military grade thermite explosives , so I take it this is enough for you to believe that also?

17. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

When it comes to nuclear safety you cannot believe anything that politicians or the industry spokespeople say.
    What emerges very clearly is that no one knows what to do with nuclear waste and in particular with millions of gallons of radioactively contaminated water. Too much political as well as financial capital is tied up in nuclear energy. All over the world governments are trying to convince the public that only through nuclear power plants can we meet our energy needs without causing irreversible global warming but the truth is that with governments like our own committing themselves to developing more nuclear power stations and also now talk of exploiting the gas and oil locked in shale rocks we face both possibilities... more nuclear disasters and dangerous climate change. How's that for a double whammy?

18. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

I think I have found the answer to this dilemma, RUM! Works for me:D:D:D
    Things are looking brighter already:)

plumber-boy likes this.
  19. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

Another cut and paste response, I agree that with so much political interest financially in this sort of thing that it's hard to know who to believe, but at least try and help people take your own view and arguments on this a bit more seriously by actually writing YOUR own views rather than ripping them off activist sites.

20. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

That is my OWN view.
    Where it comes from is irellevant.