Gas and Electricity usage

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by unphased, Oct 15, 2014.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Its tariff change time again and I've opted for the EDF blue fixed price to March 2016. Was on Scottish Power fixed price energy November 2014 online.

My total electricity usage was 10,448 kWh

My Total Gas usage was 11,717 kWh

Family of three in a four-bed detached. Gas hob, electric oven, combi gas boiler.

2. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

10500kwh that's s lot. I've just swapped over to SSE Hydro, so checked mine it was under 6000.

Would be interested to know others usage.

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I've just moved from Eon to Utilita. Got my final bill from Eon last month. The bluggers had estimated it and reckoned I owed them £13.49. On the final bill it also states that since the meter was last read (February) I had paid £401 for electricity, but had only used £391 worth. :eek::eek: Don't know who does the maths at Eon, so complained to them. They've now amended the bill to show a balance of zero, but I maintain they actually owe me a tenner. Still waiting to hear back from them (over a fortnight now since they last wrote to me) I'll give them another week before going to the ombudsman. Can't believe all the bloody profit these energy companies make, then can't be ar**d to do a final meter reading properly, and get the maths wrong too. ;);)

4. big all

big all Screwfix Select

3 bed terrace 7300 gas and 2600 electric £730 first utility fixed 2015 and 33cubic meters off water just to broaden the horizon

and some off the power companies have a policy off not forwarding any ballance owed when you swop suppliers unless you ask

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  5. joinerjohn1

I have asked them though BA. Anyway, they don't have a no refund policy , as they've already refunded the excess on my gas bill. ;);)

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

My boiler hasn't been switched on since Feb/March. But am hoping to get it all up and running this weekend.

Eon sent a big bill a few years ago when they changed the electric meters, received a bill for over £5K. eon.jpg

7. joinerjohn1

No wonder they say "Thank you for being our customer" :p:p:p:p:p

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

The meter fitters didnt record the readings correctly when swapping them. The bill should have been around £30. As no one could use that amount in 2 weeks. Took a while to sort out.

9. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Think i may have a shop around myself. :)

Leccy - Jan - July 1525kwh, estimate is 2,352 per year
    Gas - Jan - July 11,206 estimate 18,702 per year

10. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I am debating whether to swap my halogen floods to LED. I currently have 2kW of floods protecting the perimeter that are regularly on. Could reduce it to 150W .

11. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

2k? I guess that's the thing with halogen lamps - it doesn't take that many to start using a lot of power. :eek:

12. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I used 19498kwh gas and 5638kwh electric last year.

Stayed with Npower for another year on another fixed price deal.

13. big all

big all Screwfix Select

more off a general comment jj
    i was shocked to know its not illegal to hang onto it
    repayment should be automatic