Gas Cooker Installation

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jimfixedit, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. jimfixedit

    jimfixedit New Member

    Disregarding the legalities of can I do it or should I have a CORGI fitter do it, all I want to know is what I need to complete the job.

    I have a new gas cooker to install. The cooker has a 1/2" BSP internal connection. I have fitted new 8mm copper piping from the LPG tank into the kitchen. The pipe, at the kitchen end, does not have any connection fitted.

    I need to know what connection pieces I need to complete the job.

    Any constructive help would be appreciated.
  2. Corgi2002

    Corgi2002 New Member

    I am afraid you made a bit of an error in your work already. No fitting is going to put it right.
  3. danjo

    danjo New Member

  4. doitall

    doitall New Member

    Dare I ask if its an LPG cooker.

    By gas tank I assume you mean Bottle, as in portable for a caravan etc.

    Above question are out of interest as for constructive help get an LPG registered Corgi installer.
  5. jimfixedit

    jimfixedit New Member

    @ CORGI2002 - I asked for constructive help not "I am afraid you made a bit of an error in your work already. No fitting is going to put it right." - to err is human. Suggesting a solution would have been more appreciative or, as I assume from your handle, do you not want to give away CORGI secrets!

    @ DANJO - If "D'OH!" is all you can say you would be better off saying nothing.

    @ DOITALL - Thank you for your comments. Yes it is a LPG cooker being fed from a 1300 litre gas tank (not a bottle). I have spoken to a another chap who has had a similar job carried out and he has said that the piping on his system is 15mm and it is fitted with two regulators - one at the tank and one just before the piping enters the kitchen. He does not know what fittings are behind his cooker but he will try and find out what these are.
  6. doitall

    doitall New Member

    The installation will have two valves, an OPSO ( over pressure shut off ) and an UPSO ( under pressure shut off ) and will include a user reset rod, the thing on the wall where the pipe enters the building is a second stage regulator which reduces the pressure to 37Mbar.

    As you may be aware LPG is a highly dangerous colourless gas, that's heavier than air, and form pools in any low spots, when ignited this will then creat a fireball.

    Before working with LPG the gas should be safely burnt off through an appliance.

    My advice is to get an LPG registered gas fitter to connect it, you are taking a serious risk with life by not doing so.
  7. jimfixedit

    jimfixedit New Member

    Doitall, thank you very much for your comments, you have been most helpful.

    I think I will find out who fitted this other chaps gas cooker and ask him to fit mine.

    Again, thank you for your help. I appreciate your time and efforts to assist me.
  8. doitall

    doitall New Member

    No probs just check his ticket first.

    LPG is not a diy or a Corgi engineers job, without the correct tickets.

    The core certificate is CCLP1 which replaces acops 15, he should also have CKRLP1 for cookers and these will be clearly marked on his card with a tick.

    CENLP1 is for wet gas central heating.
    DAHLP1 for dry heating.
    WATLP1 for water heaters.
    HTRLP1 for space heaters.

Share This Page