Germany

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Phil the Paver, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

2. Assuming that is actually true, let's see what it's about.

Germany is a fiscally responsible country, and it's people work really hard. So their banks are secure. So people invest in them. 'Cos it's safe.

WHAT A BUNCH OF B'RDS!!!! :rolleyes:

3. The extra misery being felt in Greece has only one cause - the Greeks.

4. Phil the Paver

5. And as I explained, it's not Germany's fault that they built up their reputation through hard work and fiscal responsibility.*

You, for reasons I am not aware, would rather believe that Germany is 'milking' Greece's misery. Very emotive words, Phil. I wonder why you'd chose to use them?

I mean, I was fortunate to be able to take advantage of the low house prices following the recession of the early 90's to be able to buy my first flat. Was I 'milking' the genuine misery of those who'd had their homes repossessed?

*Oops - that's silly of me. It was Germany's fault they were so disciplined! Naughty people...

6. Phil the Paver

Strange thing is Germany is one of only a few country's to actually default on it debts, so not really all they're cracked up to be.

7. :)

To be honest, I don't pay too much notice to all that malarkey...

8. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

It's tantamount to fining someone for not paying a fine because they cannot afford the first fine. So whack 'em with another!

Germany.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

10. No, it's the type of 'news' that makes Europhobes cream their pants.

Better?

11. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Will I still need a passport to go to France :) I lost mine :( well it expired and then I lost it o_O its a long story. I could tell you though........if your interested? :)

12. Um...er...uh - oh, go on then... :)

13. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I heard that Germany has a massive stockpile of freshly printed Deutschmarks ready for if/when the Euro collapses.
    They can't have that much faith in it. Looking at Frau Merkel's face lately I think she might be glad to be rid of the EU. The countries that really want it to continue are those that get the most out of it ; eg Germany's poodle France. I don't think the German's still have a desire for European domination but I may be wrong.
    Financial hegemony is not always driven by political leaders.

14. Conspiracy theories are what idiots use to pretend they are intellectuals.

"Fnurrr - you might be fooled, but I'm not. Ye cannae pull t'wool over my eyes... fnurr fnurrr..."

15. PaulBlackpool

Per Urban Dictionary:-

Top Definition. intellectual. Someone who has found something more interesting than sex and alcohol.

:):):)

16. Ouch - that's too close to the mark... :oops:

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  17. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Greece's debt problems are due to the huge amount it as to spend on defence of it's borders due to the Cyprus/Turkey situation. Greece spends more than any other European country on defence and who is one of the main suppliers of arms to Greece? Germany of course!

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Where did you hear this, down the pub full of international financial experts?

19. PaulBlackpool

No it was probably in the right wing press - Mail or Express.

20. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

A Greek tour guide told me this whilst I was in Corfu just over a month ago,so you can be sure that it's true - straight from the horses mouth as they say.