Gis a job??.... 18yo passed ACS & Level 2 gas & plumbing Full licence

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by JordanMc, Jul 23, 2010.

1. JordanMc

JordanMc New Member

Hi am 18 and I am in need of an apprenticeship as plumber with a local company in Liverpool / Merseyside area.

Not just looking for a job but a career and I have already passed my level 2 plumbing nvq and also my level 2 gas and I have passed my ACS exams and now registered on the gas safe register. I am starting my level 3 gas in september which is for 1 day each week and need to get some good experience.

I spent my 18th birthday money on my ACS exams and also driving lessons and I have passed my driving test so also have a full driving license.

I know it is a tough climate out there right now but I hope you see I am not just looking for any job....I have invested in my future and desperately need someone to give me a hand along....

Any offers of help gratefully appreciated.

Please leave a message on 07828721302 or reply here...

Thank you

Jordan

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

You should consider moving away from Liverpool if at all possible. It is officially one of the most depressed areas in the UK with the highest %age unemployment. Almost anywhere else there will be plumbers who will be pleased to recruit a keen youngster like yourself - but we are in a major recession thanks to Gordon Brown and the building industry is at rock bottom.

3. spongeblob

spongeblob New Member

Jordan

That * Katie Price gets every where,even on a Plumbers Forum........sad *:^O :^O

[Edited by: admin]

4. spongeblob

spongeblob New Member

industry is at rock bottom.

* Cleggy,hate to know you when your in a bad mood ***,poor sods just gone and bought a rope. :(

[Edited by: admin]

5. G Brown

G Brown New Member

I'm OK, my work is now 99.9% domestic. The only real difference is that I drive farther and farther each day for work! But thats what comes of living in the depths of WALES eh? :)

6. admin****

admin**** New Member

Is your real name Jonah?

7. spongeblob

spongeblob New Member

Is your real name Jonah?

:^O :^O :^O ;)R EH

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Move south, thats where the work is, or London if you have friends you can stay with.

9. JordanMc

JordanMc New Member

Moving away is not possible right now, my college is on Southport an dI have already registered etc for september for the level 3 gas.....besides I do not wish to move away rght now.

I understand it is bad time but that is why I have invested in myself to make me more attractive to future employers, somebody ahs to employ someone sometime soon so hope they make it me....I suppose it is just a case of waiting until I can get my cv or advert in front of the right person at the right time.

It is good to get any advice so thanks guys but moving away is not right for me now.

Thanks

10. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

tell thee what jorden. i need a lift next week,
    wanna come to wigan ? its not a job opertunity, i need a young lad to help me while my usuual lad is away on hols,
    i'll pay £20 cash per day,

11. JordanMc

JordanMc New Member

Thanks that would be good, some good experience for me.

I am able to get the trains to Wigan but do not know the area at all....would you be able to meet at a station?

Can you call me on 0782 872 1302

Thanks again

Jordan

12. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

garswood station is the nearest, if your happy with that, i'll pick you up, tuesday, i'll give you a ring soon,
    Tom.

13. JordanMc

JordanMc New Member

Thanks Tom

I'll get to any station, just goingt o check Garswood out but no problem.

Jordan

14. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

ok jorden. trains run from lime st to wigan every half hour, so i'll call you to arrange a pick up at about 9/10 am tuesaday, and we''ll go from there,
    lookin forward to seein ya,

15. JordanMc

JordanMc New Member

Thanks Tom

Just let me know day and time and i'll be there and on time.

If you call me over the weekend or monday that will be great.

Thanks

Jordan

16. Notinmymums Forest

Notinmymums Forest New Member

would ya look at that.....one of the very few posts that end happily on screwfix.....your a kind gent tom!(hope hes seen your youtube post with the multimeter though,he will be hiding the hammers)....good luck young lad.

17. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Tom is making every effort to give the lad a chance, but let's wait & see if lad will be able to wake up Monday morning in time to get tobWigan? We are waiting, so is Tom:p

18. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

its no big deal, jorden wants some hands on experiance, i need a lift for a couple of days,and as it happens the job is 2 minutes away from a railway station that is on the liverpool line,
    so we both doin each other a favour,

19. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Good & well Tom. I'll only be comfortable when you get back on here during the week & confirm that Jordan did make it to the train stn? If he makes it, then I think he'll go far. If he gets a hangover, then he still has a long way 2go. I await what unveils during the week!

20. coppercc

coppercc New Member

Give the lad a chance PM, god on you Tom.