Glare and light polution

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by madhatter1uk, Sep 28, 2016.

1. madhatter1uk

madhatter1uk Screwfix Select

Does anyone know what rules or regulations there are concerning glare on stairs off LED light fittings and emergency lights that are too bright, mounted on the walls, and cause glare. Also regarding glare off an outside flood light mounted at a most 90 degree to get coverage because it's been mounted too low.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Take the plastic cover off & stick some clear sticky back plastic to inside of cover, will difuse the light.

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I presume it isn't your property. Light "pollution" and inconvenience is one of the things controlled by your local building control - I would contact your local office for advice

4. madhatter1uk

I can't do that, It's North Warwickshire Borough Council using a private contractor to fit it. I'm struggling to see where I'm walking because of the glare. It seems to be acceptable to fit over bright units with clear lenses with no regard to the glare.

5. madhatter1uk

The outside flood is clearly a Roy Rodgers job

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Change the outside floodlight for a 40w candle bulb.. Result,, absolutely no glare at all. :D:D:D:D:D