Glass Splashbacks

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Pete999, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Pete999

Pete999 New Member

Hi, Does anyone know where I can find someone to template and fit glass kitchen splash backs? I have found a company to supply and paint, just need it to be fitted??

2. snezza31

snezza31 New Member

Surely, the company that is supplying you with the Glass will be able to recommend someone!!!!!!

Where abouts in the country are you?

Snezza

3. Pete999

Pete999 New Member

You would have thought so but as they normally supply to trade they say they don't have any installers contact details. I live in Uxbridge, Middlesex area. I have had plenty of quotes to supply and fit but it is much cheaper to get the glass direct from manufacturer as long as I can find someone to template and fit

4. tonywilson

tonywilson New Member

I know a good place where you can meet your requirement. In fact I have got my glass splash back here. For more details have a look to this.

Message was edited by: Screwfix Peter due to unsuitable link

5. David. J. Harrison

David. J. Harrison New Member

Can't you do it? I've done mine. All you need is some thin wood, cut it to size (alowing about 2mm for movement), take that to a Glass shop, they will cut it (usually 6mm. If you need a hole for a plug, work out where it is, mark it off on the template, cut it out, put template on the wall to see if it's correct. If you want it painted, use a ROLLER(not a brush-as you will see the Brush strokes), give it a few coats (and the area of the wall where it's going to be) then stick it up using a LOW MODULUS Sealant. I've just done mine around my Kitchen & it looks great (if I do say so myself). Easier than it sounds & much cheaper than buying it.