Glowworm Ultimate 30FF advice - leak from overflow?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Neale, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Neale

Neale New Member

I have a glowworm Ultimate 30FF boiler located in a cupboard in my kitchen. Around a week ago I noticed we had a drip from a pipe that is located through the wall above where the boiler is fitted. The pipe is plastic and drip is every 10 seconds or so. It doesnt seem to change speed if the boiler is on or not. and it seems to drip all the time.

I dont know that the pipe has anything to do with the boiler I am assuming it has becuase of its positioning to the boiler. We have onother overflow pipe much higher up the wall that is the overflow for the water tank in the loft.

Can anyone shed some light onto what the leak might be, or if theres anything I can try to see if I can fix the leak before I call a plumber in to have a look.

Some more information that ma be of use?
    The boiler is a Fanned Flue Boiler
    We have a hot water cylinder on the 1st floor and (I think) two open water tanks in the loft.
    There are four pipe connection on the top of the boiler but only two are being used.

I have uploaded pictures of the location of the boiler from in my kitchen, the pipe outside the kitchen window and the top of the boiler.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
    Neale
    IMAG0661.jpg IMAG0663.jpg IMAG0652.jpg IMAG0663.jpg IMAG0652.jpg

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

the plastic pipe is nothing to do with the boiler, its from either the toilet,the cold water storeage or the heating expandsion tank,

3. Neale

Neale New Member

ha ha, thanks what a fool I am. It was the overflow for the toilet. It didnt even occur to me as the toilet has an internal overflow. It turns out it also has an overflow that goes outside and its lower than the internal overflow. Ive adjusted the ball cock screw so should all be sorted now.

Thanks for the quick responce tom.plum

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

you're most welcome Neale ;)