Good bye screwfix, brilliant company but your forum guys are a joke who talk total ****

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by G&W Plumbing & Heating, Jun 5, 2015.

1. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

I'm sorry but the advice given on here most of the time shocking!!! A load of make believe plumbers who have no work to do cos they are pony!!

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

????? And your response is to run away, :rolleyes:

KIAB likes this.
  3. G&W, sorry you are going - really.

What I would do in your position is stay and give the 'correct' advice.

And have fun doing so.

(If it is the correct advice.)

I'd love to hear some of your perceived examples of 'shocking' advice.

But I suspect you won't 'bother'.

C'mon, maaaaan - we love a good argument on here. :)

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

the local playing field has 30 schoolboys kicking a ball around in an unorganized manner in the long summer evenings, Its a great healthy pastime, the boys are running off steam and learning social skills, Its way better than locking themselves up in the bedroom playing video games and media network,
    young jimmy runs down the left wing , he dribbles past 7 defenders then has to decide whether to shoot for goal or pass over to the centre player hovering over the goal mouth, he opts for plan A and toe bungs the ball right between the two pullovers on the grass which represent the goal posts, 15 of the lads cheer and shout "goallllllll" 15 others protest " offside " and one little chap who was waiting in the goal mouth for the pass, runs after the ball, picks it up, and takes it home, because of the fuss on the field no one notices till the shouting and arguments are over, It does't spoil the evening cos there's always another ball to be had, In my day we had tin cans on cobble streets lit by gas lamps, Ahhhh the fun we had,,:rolleyes:

5. Have you given the ball back?

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Looks like GW has taken the jumpers n'all. :p:p:p:p:p:p

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

naaaw, i'm the little boy in the bedroom on the puter :(

8. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

G&W - care to link to any of this pony?

9. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

He doesn't seem to mind advising someone who clearly has little knowledge and no qualifications on how to size a boiler and an unvented cylinder so he can go out and get materials to install himself on someone's property though.
    Mmmm Good advice:mad:

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Yes, & you got a cuffing from the local plod, if you were naughty & another one when you got home from your dad.:rolleyes:
    Those were the days.:D

Phil the Paver and Astramax like this.
  11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Not a Conservative Council then!

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Astra,,,go wash your mouth out with soap, Wigan has and always will be a labour run town, its a Northern working class town, pits,mills and factories ( till thatcher shut um all) , Its all cobbled streets,back to back housing and you're always only a few minutes anywhere from the canal network linking other northern towns to the great cities of England, there may be a few 10 bob millinonaires in the North what vote tory, but nobody I know,or even heard of does,or ever will do, So please don't blaspheme or come walking round wigan after gas lights are tuned orf, o_O

Phil the Paver and KIAB like this.
  13. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

:p:p:p:p:p:p Good bye.:D

14. Phil the Paver

Did you grow up in my village????, when I was a lad, oh the memory is still there :), the local Bobby would clip us around the ear if he caught us doing wrong and then call in the pub that night and tell the old man who then would give us another the next morning :confused::confused:

KIAB likes this.
  15. Phil the Paver

Say the canals, used to love playing down by the one where I was born, Thorn near Doncaster. :D:D:D

16. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Think I'm sorry to see you go G&W. If you see poor posts the best thing to do would be to post your own better advice and not throw your dummy out and insult people in the process. A lively discussion does liven up what is these days a fairly dry forum.

17. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

:p:p:p:p

Aye lad 'appen 'es reet!

19. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Ok guys

Fair enough, I hold my hands up,
    You guys clearly do know your stuff, I had a nice meal out & a few pinos that night... But what got my goat was the towel rail with no drain off comment, some said get him back he's this & that to a customer who was on here going on about it, i just thought it was silly,

Deleted member 33931 likes this.