Gravity Hot water pipes cold from boiler - blocked pipes?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by krisn, Feb 1, 2013.

1. petertheplumber

petertheplumber New Member

It doesn't sound like air to me krisn.

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

have you tried turning the heating on, this will run the pump, and switching the rads off at the rad valves?

3. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

Krisn - many apologies! I have just re-read your OP more carefully. Obviously from a drain down and yes - I did meant the F and E tank!

diymostthings

4. petertheplumber

petertheplumber New Member

Tom the pump and rads are on the other circuit from the boiler it's the gravity circuit that has the problem. That's why I think he needs to force the water thro the gravity circuit with a pumped supply from a power flusher or maybe a mains pressure hose arrangement.

5. wetpants

wetpants New Member

Hey up Krisn, I,ll be air.  If youve got any balls and your capable.................pull the phial out of the thermostat pocket,        Get a good heat up and blow the bugger out. Turn boiler off and replace Phial, repeat if neccessary.  Or get a Plumber in? 

6. Not a DIYer

Not a DIYer New Member

Air in return pipe. Make sure system as full as can be. Turn the pump around. Run heating 15 mins or till overflow kicks in. Put pump back and run again with rads open. If this does not work. Get a heating engineer to flush the damn thing out or convert to fully pumped then flush it. Dont spend your time thinking you will save time and money based on some comments on here. Good luck

7. Plumberbish

Plumberbish Active Member

Can you loosen a nut on the cylinder flow n returns to air it out? That's assumin you don't have an air vent

8. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Bit late with the advice guys' these were posted in 2013

9. Not a DIYer

Not a DIYer New Member

I
    Ts probably still not sorted.

10. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Hope hes got a decent system by now :)