Grout recommendations

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by drives, Feb 18, 2015.

1. drives

drives New Member

Hi, not for tiling specifically but thought this would be the most suitable forum...

I've done a glass block partition between the kitchen/utility, using the framelight PV kit, which is basically creating joints with strips of plastic spacers, and adhesive. This is all done and now I need to grout over the joints, which are about 8mm.

The wall is stable, and the glue is still curing, but it wont be what I would describe as rock solid I don't think. In terms of grout I was looking for flexible, and obviously suitable for slightly larger joints. Furthermore as its the kitchen I'd want something reasonably resistant to stains etc.

Screwfix sells the mapei untracolour plus which looks like it might fit the bill, or I've used BAL in the past. Was just wondering if anyone would recommend something in particular

Thanks

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Both brands are good. BAL do an extra wide grout from 3-20mm in super flex. i think you will struggle to find one that is resistant to stains though

3. drives

drives New Member

Ok thanks, I was looking at the Bal Super flex so will probably go for that one