GU10 Led Lamps

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by JP., Jul 27, 2014.

1. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Afternoon guys. Right my bro has just fitted some GU10 Halogens in his hallway and wants to change the lamps for the GU10 Led type. I know there are many different makes of GU10 LED out there but would like to know what ones you fit - basically warm white is required and need a make which doesn't give out that horrible blue tinge (The cheap ones do do this and are a no go). Incidentally I have just fitted my JCC6 Led Down lighters which were recommended by the forum and the light output is incredible - no blue tinge and the light is crisp, fantastic stuff tbqh. Cheers guys.

2. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Osram, Megaman or Duracell.

FatHands likes this.
  3. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Ive used magaman JP & found these to be pretty good, got some in a box upstairs, think they are 6.5w, it is unlikey I will be fitting any in future though so they might be going on my resell list later on.

FatHands likes this.
  4. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

5. Lectrician

Sean - They're horrid! o_O

6. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

matter of opinion, they might not look overly attractive - but the light produced is superb

7. Lectrician

They are a very outdated early design, hugely superseded!

8. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

well we've not had electricity very long up here and we love them

9. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Thanks Wally and guys for your replies. I did check up on the linked ones Sean but Screwfix have not got any of those in any of there branches so I presume that's it as far as they are concerned - but thanks anyway appreciated. In the end my bro got these ones http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-led-gu10-lamp-250lm-4w/98802 and he is happy with the light output and light quality - no blue tinges from what I can gather - but I will be having a dekko at them soon and will quantify then. Thanks once again lads - appreciated.

10. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Once again I just cannot believe the quality of light from the JCC6 (I bought the warm white) - absolutely incredible - those JCC guys certainly know how to design a pukka lamp unit.

11. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Yes those LAP ones are good. I brought a box of 10 when they were on offer - the reviews were good also.

12. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Cripes me bro says they are to bright (but fantastic light quality) so he will use them in kitchen and buy a lower wattage GU10 led unit for his hallway (lights left on all night whilst doing night work) - incredible these led lamps and stuff really.