Hallway Floor Tile Endging

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Neil Sutcliffe, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Neil Sutcliffe

Neil Sutcliffe New Member

Afternoon,

I recently purchased a property with a tiled hallway, these tiles are a dark grey/black, similar to slate.

The last owner had not tried to fit these under the skirting so there has been left a gap around the edges, they have tried to cover this with the same beading they used to cover the gaps around the laminate in the rest of the property which looks unsightly.

My questions is, I would like to remove the beading and fill the gaps with something, my initial thought was to use a dark grout, would this seem a logical solution? I am not too fussed about the laminate in the rest of the property as this is looking shabby and will eventually be replaced with hardwood or carpet.

Thanks for your help guys.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got a photo.:)

How wide is gap?

3. Neil Sutcliffe

5mm wide, depth of the tiles which I've not measured to be honest, should think certainly no more than 10mm

4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Dark grout is the way to go by sounds of it, but mask skirtings and wear gloves as it stains!

5. Neil Sutcliffe

Thanks for the heads up. Ill get some frog tape and some grout then.

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Or if you're worried about cracking at the skirting, maybe some same colour silicone.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really