Hard hat

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by spen123, Apr 16, 2017.

1. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

Need a new hard hat so went online and the page came up with translucent hard hats. Apparently they give the user a much better view without needing to tilt the head. Seems a good idea and they come in colours not just clear. I think you'd look stupid tho. Anyone seen them or have one?

2. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

Not seen them before but agree they would look daft. Surely within a few weeks they would be covered in small scratches and abrasions? Also how much does a hard hat restrict your view if at all when you have the right size?

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

You mean one of these translucent protectors that goes over the head :D

upload_2017-4-17_10-29-43.jpeg

koolpc, KIAB and CGN like this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The Portwest ones don't look like they have mounts for ear defenders which are much easier to use than ones with a head band

6. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

No and they arnt vented either

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

My view is that if you need to wear a hard hat then you shouldn't be there and if there is no danger then you shouldn't have to wear a hard hat.

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

What gets me is that you're made to wear them outside in the wide open, what are they expecting to fall out the sky's. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

If only it was that easy. A lot of site don't allow you to wear those hard hats with a visor. Say they don't comply. Some dont allow rigger boots or trainer boots. I site I was on in January didn't allow the use of black hats unless you were a supervisor and green for a first aider. It's getting stupid

11. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The visors normally used when it is dusty, although with these you can wear safety specs or normal specs underneath. Although a lot of sites now insist on safety specs all the time.

However as Chippie say If there is a risk of something falling on you, then you shouldn't be there and if something did fall then a HH won't give much protection. Although wear one of these a lot when in the workshop or working in atticks

upload_2017-4-17_18-22-7.jpeg

12. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

Try telling that to health and saftey

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I don't work on sites.

14. Roys

Roys Screwfix Select

6 years late to this party

15. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

Not only late but everyone's flaked out *issed.