Hate mixer in bathroom!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by koolpc, Oct 21, 2016.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

In our new house we have a single mixer tap with one 'tap' which turns left or right or up and down. We hate it! We much prefer one with dual taps to control the cold and hot individually.

Easy to replace? Do i need to buy a specific mixer? Ta

Pic:

2.jpg

Also, the hot water takes ages to get to the tap.

Hot water on the combi is always set to 'on'. Anything else could cause this? It is the other side of the house to where the taps are but the shower gets hot very quickly and is fed from the boiler too. Ta

Combi is a Greenstar 30i ERP condensing

2. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

I assume you mean this type of thing?
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/swirl-contract-bathroom-basin-mono-mixer-tap-metal-head/44386

Should be fairly easy to change over, just find one you like, funnily I prefer the one you have :)

Hot water is probably to do with the flow rate on the tap. I would expect your shower has a much higher flow rate, so will flush the cold water through much quicker than it does on the tap, not a whole lot you can do about it

3. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Thanks. That type of tap but definitely not style! lol

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Gotta agree with you kool, really don't like those single lever taps either

Never seem to remember to turn left, right, up, down, even in own house when you use it on a daily basis

Can be straight forward - depends how good access is and ur plumbing skills

One thing that helps massively is a set of mononloc spanners - even if used just this time, makes the job so much easier :)

5. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Thank you

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

How far away is the combi from the tap? Always been a problem with combi's as the water in the pipework goes cold and the hot water has to come along the pipes, when HW is called for.

7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Other side of house. Shower is quicker