Hatton Garden job

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by malkie129, Apr 22, 2015.

1. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

I don't know I could turn them in for 20k. Yes it's morally wrong for them to do what they did, but when you plan a heist where you can go back on two separate days and get away with so much loot you need a wheelie bin to take it away, there is something to be admired.

Anyway I'm still impressed with the workmanship of those holes. I can't be the only one thinking I really need a reason to get one of those drills. Obviously I have, and probably never will, no use for such a machine, but it's a great advert for Hilti.

Unless this whole thing was a Hilti advert all along, one of the most daring viral marketing campaigns ever to be made...

Gatt and teabreak like this.
  2. It is a weird one.

Yes, it was ballsy and well carried out.

But at the same time is was risky beyond belief - they must have known the alarm was going to go off, so why did they stay there feeling confident that the cops wouldn't actually investigate?

Strange...

3. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

Maybe it was the cops ?

4. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

At the very least, even if it was a non confirmed alarm, a keyholder should have been notified.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

All very strange, a lot of unanswered questions.

Inside knowledge/job....:eek:

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Even stranger, the owner was visiting China at the time. He's now in the Sudan, having sent his son home to deal with it. (even claiming it could be an inside job) Had this been my business, I'd have moved heaven and Earth to return as quickly as possible.

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Or maybe you'd stay put, spending you ill gotten gains. :D

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Can't Phil, I have to return that very nice Hilti drill tomorrow or HSS will charge me for another week. :p:p:p:p

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

And that's a problem, with the millions gained.