have you ever wondered

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Sep 24, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

what makes good photographs? the answer is a good eye for a shot and a good camera, A good camera does not need to be a very expensive camera, I'm telling you this cos i just bought a canon sx170, not very expensive at £89.99 from argos but a powerfull little high quality camera to carry around for that unexpected moment, here's two shots i took for a trial chuck at a pigeon, I'm sat in my favorite seat in the green house for both pictues and i hope you can see what i mean,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. moppylhd

moppylhd Member

Its the quality of the lens, not necessary the amount of pixels. good choice for the price.

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yea moppy I well pleased with it,

4. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

A good choice for the money. I always carry a camera every where I go. Its a little Olympus fe 330 that only has 8 meg pix but takes great snaps. Also use it for work to show customers problems up on roofs etc. Use a Nikon 3200 with fancy lenses and filters for proper snobby stuff though.

5. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

A bargain and a quality camera you've got yourself there Tom.;)

6. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Years ago,when I was a sevice engineer for N&Z, if only I had a camera with me !!! I have been on the roof of the Royal Festival Hall, Bankside power station and loads of other places. Oh well, no digital cameras then, but I have my memories ;) .

7. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

When I was young I used to go to a community centre where they held different club meetings. One of the clubs was a camera club and the man who took the best photos from that club just had a simple compact film camera (before the days of digital cameras of course) which he always had in his pocket wherever he went.

Last year I went to buy a camera for Mrs Cheb and ended up buy a new one for myself also as they had a good deal on them I bought Canon SX260HS's and its the best camera I've ever owned. I used to have an SLR with several different lenses and hardly used it as I could not be bothered to carry this big kit bag around with me.

8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I took the camera to a once vibrant part of town today, 40 years ago this place was busy as a wasps nest, vans and wagons coming in and out all day, thousands of workers producing textiles for all over the world baring the sign 'made in England' ,the sound of the weaving sheds pounding so hard that the workers could not hear the sound of their own voice, so they read each others lips, this was called mee mawing, although nothing could be heard above the weaving machines,no secrets could be kept as everybody was able to me maw and read what was being said, the other memberable sounds of that era was the hooter, the hooter was drove by steam which signalled the start of shift, breaktime,dinnertime and end of shift, it could be heard all over town followed by another memerable sound, the sound of clogs cantering over the cobbled streets, thousands of workers rushing to work or rushing home, it was like a stampede, and today it lays empty,quiet, little done since the days when it shut down it stands today empty and lifeless, this is a real life look into years gone by, its not a stage set nor a museum, this is what you can achieve by doing nothing,
    [​IMG]

9. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

10. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I'm sure it won't be long before it's knocked down to be replaced by blocks of flats Tom.

11. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

:(:(

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Is that yer tin bath in't second photo Tomp ??
    ;););)

13. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

hell no JJ, that's a posh one its got shelves on to put the phb block on, (pit head bath) soap block, ;)

14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ahh PHB soap, that were the one with sand mixed in wi't soap. :p:p:p:p:p