Health & safety, being blamed again, when will firms / people ever learn ??

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Welshdragon1, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

Source: http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/myth-bus...rrier-bags.htm?ebul=hsegen&cr=7/23-mar-15

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Order the food and then walk out without paying if they charge you for a bag.

Gatt and Welshdragon1 like this.
  3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I tried that but I'd been for a drink first and got mixed up, I paid and ran out before the food came, :(

Gatt, Welshdragon1 and Phil the Paver like this.
  4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Can see some merit in it having seen inside many homes:confused:
    There are some customers that should pass through a sterilizing booth before allowed into a food outlet,come to think of it in some cases might be an idea if the sterilizing extended to their reproduction bits! :p:p

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

know what you mean teabreak, I've been in some hovels in my time , the worse one ever was,I went in a house refurb for the council, the whole house was full of dog muck and stunk to high heaven, I walked out and told the projects manager I'm not working in there, he said somebodies got to do it and there's no other work for today, so I walked off the contract,o_O

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  6. Welshdragon1

If they worked at all, or even as hard as us then they would be too knackered to produce more than 2 kids

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Tom was this down as you left.

PDC57613_2_350x350.jpg

8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

there ought to have been Phil, it was rude to go out on the street without wiping my feet first but I had to hurry before I chucked up :eek:

9. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Been there Tom, and stripped off in the garden to spray my clothes with flea killer, just love it when you try to push a cooker back and your feet slide away instead:D

plumber-boy likes this.
  10. Welshdragon1

I worked for a deliver firm many years ago delivering brand new furniture & the young lady that was with me, was a few months pregnant, (NO NOT MINE) though. & we refused point blank to take the goods indoors for health reasons, & te owner of the house called the police as we didn't take the goods indoors, guess what, the police got environmental to his property & he was ordered to clean his place up. We ended up leaving the goods he paid for on his lawn ;) , then went to the next job.

Have these kind of people no shame, pride etc ??

I don't mind seeing a cluttered but clean property, but animal mess left to go mouldy etc is a different kettle of fish tbh

11. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

I reckon the 5p charge is good, we've had it in Wales for a while now, 5p, no matter what sort of bag, postcard, maccies, etc etc, most shops donate it to charity, and the amounts donated are quite good too, when I visit friends/relations in England they have a cupboard stuffed rammed full of carrier bags, as did I when I lived there, I ain't a tree hugger but it's got to be better surely?.

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

But if you aren't allowed to bring your own bag and must buy theirs it's not environmental but an extra charge.

13. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Didn't charging people for bags backfire in Ireland, peeps stopped using them, but instead of that cutting down on the use of plastic bags, it increased because peeps then started buying under sink bin liners, etc, this resulted in more bags, as opposed to carrier bags being recycled via other uses.

14. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

In the grand scheme of things where do most carrier bags get used?, supermarkets etc, that's where the bring your own bags come into its own, just my take, but if anyone thinks carrier bags in abundance in cupboards, landfill etc is environmentally better, then heh ho.