Heat resistant sheeting.

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by hjl, May 9, 2005.

1. hjl

hjl New Member

Can anyone recommend an asbestos substitute heat resisting material in sheet form. It is to be used above a flueless gas fire, and the temperature should not be above approx 80 deg C. I was going to use alum. or steel sheet, but am open to suggestions due to expansion and possible distortion of metal sheeting.

2. Jason123

Jason123 New Member

3. hjl

hjl New Member

Thanks Jason, but suspect it's a bit expensive. Be a bit difficult to get it home too on the roof rack. Any other ideas?

4. Jason123

Jason123 New Member

5. hjl

hjl New Member

It was rigid sheeting I was after. Thought about using PB, but I wondered if there was a heat resisting type I could use for added safety. Failing that I might use Alum sheet with an insulating "wool" above it.

6. NOGGIN

NOGGIN New Member

Hi Hjl,

I not sure how you plan to use the board but "sanded supalux" or "masterboard" spring to mind they come in 2440mm X 1220mm x 6 mm ,9mm or even 12 mm thick sheets.

Most timber merchants will stock these or a similar product.

regards NOGGIN

7. firesleeve

firesleeve New Member

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

8. Have-a-go-Mac

Have-a-go-Mac New Member

Try hardiebacker board, you can get it from B&Q and many other stores. You can put a blow torch to it and it won't ignite.