Heating problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jimbo170870, Oct 22, 2014.

1. jimbo170870

jimbo170870 New Member

i have a problem with my heating , boiler is a vokera 35 he system boiler , I have radiators upstairs and underfloor heating on the lower floor , hot water is unvented .
    Problem is that the boiler will not fire up . I have checked the pump which is fine , I then consulted the installation instructions for advice , it told me to refit the link m5 and disconnect the external controls which I did . The boiler fired up . I then changed the wall 3 channel programmer thinking that it was the problem . Connected the boiler back to status quo but no joy still not firing .
    Can anybody give me any ideas ?

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Is this the first time you have used the heating this year? If so look at the obvious first is the room thermostat turned up. Next I assume that the hot water works fine so maybe you need to have a look at the zone valve for heating, Does the orange wire come live on a demand for heating, this is the switch live which activates the motor. It may have beomes stuck with a long period of activity. Try to shift it mannually first of all with the lever on the side.

3. jimbo170870

jimbo170870 New Member

All the motorized valves are operating as normal , the only stat I'm not sure about is the cylinder stat can't hear it click when turning it . The pump seems to be operating on the underfloor heating