Heeelp!

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by mikki, May 9, 2016.

1. mikki

mikki Member

:(

Have made a bit of a mess with leveling out a slopey garden ready for artificail grass. Plan was to level slope as much as possible, put sleeper edging level to patio with about 7cm gap then fill gap with gravel.

Built the retaining wall with the top of patio as guide line (I measured distance from floor to top on the left and used same measurement for the right where sleeper is) should have checked the patio was level first!.layed the sleepers to the left of the patio using the edge as a guide as we want it to be levelled with the patio but hubby have had to dig deeper and deeper as he went along to make sure the sleepers were level. Now they are too low from the paving and there are large cracks and holes which we probably won't be able to cover up with gravel as initially planned.

What's the best way to fix this? raise the sleepers to desired level and have it a bit slopey?

Urgh this is so complicated, am I making any sense? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. mikki

mikki Member

Attached Files:

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Are those sleepers actually level? ?????

Why are the sleepers below the paving level.???

4. mikki

mikki Member

It started level then gradually went underground :D

5. mikki

mikki Member

I have come up with a solution.... Will follow the paving and hope for the best. Hopefully you won't hear form me again

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You only need to look at render below pebble dash to see there is a fall.
    Always pay to take levels from several points.

I would start left side using patio as level, then gradually loose any fall to the right side.

mikki likes this.
  7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I wouldn't worry about the patio level, I would set the sleepers to suit the new finished level of turf, based on not having to dig out much, if any of the existing lawn.

The new lawn should be level, if that means stepping up on to the new lawn so be it.

mikki likes this.