help choosing twin pack (drill/impact)

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by la_midgeet, Jul 28, 2017.

?

which do you rather

1. DeWalt DCZ298S2T-GB 18V 1.5Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill & Impact Driver Twin Pack (9801T)- £169.99

16.7%
  2. Bosch GSB18+GDR18 18V 1.5Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill & Impact Wrench Twin Pack (3913R) - £149.99

83.3%
  3. DeWalt DCZ298C2-GB 18V 1.3Ah Li-Ion XR Cordless Combi Drill & Impact Driver (7017J) - £159.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Erbauer ERI742KIT 18V 2.0Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill & Impact Driver Twin Pack (9478T) - £139.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

You will go round and round in circles looking at options. the Bosch from Screwfix is about the best on the market at the moment. If you have or create a TopCashback account then you will get a £1.50 off an already good deal

2. la_midgeet

la_midgeet New Member

I have noticed that I am doing circles and have been for weeks now.

I have always had bad experiences with bosch and have tended to avoid them (these were 10years ago+)

But i didn't realise they made a comeback. Using Price comparison I have realised how much of a good deal the bosch set in my original post is. So I am going out tomorrow to get it
    Thanks for all you help & advice

And thanks to everyone else too.
    I'll let you all know how it goes

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Any bad problems with Bosch where probably down to Ni Cad issues, today Li ion batteries are far superior, I have used Bosch tools 20 years or so, never had any problem with them.
    You can get problems with any make of tool, I had it with Dewalt.

I think you will be pleasantly surprise with Bosch today.

Do treat yourself to some or a set of Bosch Multi Construction drill bits for your drill, can highly recommend them, the competitor has a good deal on 4 piece set (cover all size needed) at the moment, but you will find a seperate a 5mm one handy as well for smaller wall plugs

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017