Help getting into carpentry/joinery

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Jwc1991, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Jwc1991

Jwc1991 New Member

New to this forum, I would really appreciate some help from the more knowledgeable forumers :) im desperately trying to get into carpentry and or joinery, I've been working one on one for 2 and 1/2 renovating houses, in which I've learnt a lot over such a short space of time, mainly due to me learning fast and most importantly willing to learn. I'm 24 have a mortgage with my partner and need advice on which route would be the best either complete a course and or go work with someone? Ultimately I just need a little help seem to be hitting walls everywhere, getting deflated now but have a huge affinity towards wood.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Find someone to work with, there seems to be a shortage of tradesmen at the mo.

3. Jwc1991

Jwc1991 New Member

Thank you for your response chippie244, I've actually emailed about 8 carpentry companies in my local area ( not a huge amount but a start) and haven't had any of them come bk positive.

4. Oliver Wild

Oliver Wild New Member

What area do you live in?

5. Jwc1991

Jwc1991 New Member

Hey Oliver wild, I live in Tunbridge wells.