help ideas please

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by debst, Sep 27, 2014.

1. debst

debst New Member

[​IMG]
    I have just brought a flat and this is the bathroom. I would like to put a shower in,i thought of putting a shower pole to hold the shower,
    But it would have to go in the corner,
    Were do i put a screen as i hate curtains ,
    Olso What can i do to protect the wall i cant tile and i dont have much money left over ,,can you get a waterproof sealant that i can paint all over the wall,,please help
    Thanks debsx:p:p

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Hi deb, there's no kwik fix, the best I can suggest is plastic cladding/panels, but as for a screen, It will never work over a window, so just make do for now an save up for a total remake, :(

3. debst

debst New Member

I had thought of juat using a curtain, ,i might try and tile it myself but i dont know what im doing,,,

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

For your situation, I would maybe suggest having an overhead shower head that always sprays straight down, and fixing a curtain rail and curtains to the same height, around two-thirds of the bath(the two-thirds furthest from the window). Fix the shower bar to the wall where your cabinet is, and just above the curtain rail. When not in use, the curtain can be wound round to rest on that wall or the end of the bath, when in use, the wall will be protected.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. debst

debst New Member

How do i do that when the taps are the other end,?
    Debsx

6. Mr. Handyandy

I assume you mean an electric shower. The taps don't come into it at all.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

7. debst

debst New Member

Ok how do i put one in then. ...
    I think it might be best if i tiled the wall...

8. Mr. Handyandy

You don't. A plumber does.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really