Help please to identify this valve

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by teabreak, Mar 28, 2015.

1. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Can anyone help ID this ball valve please, Valve.JPG the cistern is marked VitrA and might have been a Wickes product.

I have managed to repair it but would really like to replace as the plastic ones are a bit fragile as they get older managed to find an insert and nut from another valve but I doubt it will last long.

It's odd because it is plastic but with quite a short brass arm (about 100mm) and very tight for space.
    I found some VitrA stuff but it was all the later type flush units and modern inlet valve I am quite happy with the Dudley siphon as it is so don't want all the trouble of taking the cistern off to update it.:(

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

3. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Yes they are available off the shelf of most merchants, you can change all parts if you wish, push button flush & float valve instead of ball valve. You can get complete toilet & cistern with parts of coarse from williams for £36

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Thanks guys, there really is not enough room to fit a standard fluidmaster valve there is very little space and the existing inlet standpipe seems to have a return set in it to tuck it back in the corner.
    As said unless I can find a direct replacement ball valve the whole shooting match will have to be changed perhaps fitting a push button flush as well.
    I will pop into the local merchants with the pic sometime and ask them, just hoped somebody would be able to say oh yes that's a Mk 1 Poomaster or whatever and you can get them a Bogs are us.com!:D

5. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

This is a very modern problem.These days cisterns come supplied with parts that are made to fit that same specific cistern. A couple of years on and they've become obsolete along with the part. If things don't go well you may be able to swap the overflow pipe to we're the feed pipe is and visa versa giving you the room to fit a fluid master,but it's a lot of messing around!

6. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Good point Crowsfoot in fact the dudley has an internal overflow if it comes to that it just means moving the inlet[​IMG]