Help the wiring failed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by John Berman, Oct 26, 2014.

1. John Berman

John Berman New Member

Hi so on a different thread I went through the steps to remove the maze and add a wiring center as follows

Honeywell Cyl Stat - C,1,2 to Wiring centre C,1,2
    Correct

Honeywell Thermostat - E, 1,2,3,4 - to wiring centre - E1,2,3 (no 4 in the centre) to just use the 3
    Correct; Terminal 4 is used for cooling applications

Mid Pos Valvel - Grey, Blue, Orange, White to the same on the wiring centre (wiring center has a brown but Valve does not)

Boiler just has E, N, L wires (as in the 3 of them) so in wiring center assume I just use L N and E
    Correct

Live feed is obvious
    So it is

L, N, HW On, Hw Off, CH On - to its counterparts in the wiring centre
    And so is this

I use the Y plan (mid posn valves) so cut links L4 and L5
    Correct
    and I have read the boiler manual and it does not talk of pump overun anywhere so I guess I ignore that bit
    Correct

So issue is the CH will not come on, the pump is silent and the valve does not operate when I use the room stat

So I have bypassed the room stat by linking 1 and 3 in the wiring centre

Still no good so its not the stat
    What tests can I do, can I bypass the programmer to HW and CH is just on all the time ?

Help

John B

2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

3. John Berman

John Berman New Member

I think its the programme, I have bypassed it and made HW and CH perm live and now the heating is working and the hot water is on - I can control the heating via the room stat, hw been on all the time is not an issue

Not sure how the pump, motorised valve all work together but if its working then I guess I dont need to worry about it to much

John B

4. plumberboy

Your obviously not getting a live from the programmer for the heating side.

5. John Berman

John Berman New Member

new programmer, bypassed both and provided a perm live to both HW and CH - now I can control th eCH via the room stat and the Tank Stat controls the HW - just cant time anything till i get a new programmer
    thanks for your help

John B

6. plumberboy

No worries.;)

7. sam spade

sam spade Active Member

On the back of the programmer is a switch. Make sure it is in the P position, not the G position.

8. plumberboy

Good call Sam.;)