Help- tile adhesive in toilet!

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by bzzz, Feb 9, 2014.

1. bzzz

bzzz New Member

Had someone come replace a single tile in my kitchen, only they poured the left over tile adhesive down the loo! Now there's a load of it stuck to the bottom of the toilet bowl and blocking it. Any ideas how can I get rid of it??

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Yes, get them back to do it. ;)

3. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

What a daft thing to do! Hope they sort it for you asap.

4. bzzz

bzzz New Member

Any practical advise? This guy ain't coming back.

5. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

If you have a second toilet in the house you could leave it soak and see if you can get it out (which might be awkward)
    If it were me I would take the toilet out and attempt to hose it out.

6. bzzz

bzzz New Member

Has been 'soaking' in toilet water since Friday. Just added some fairy liquid though.

Want a job??

7. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Try bailing out the water with a small plastic cup, jar etc. Then pour some Methylated Spirit on it and allow to soak. It usually works well on excess grout / adhesive on the face of tiles.

PS don't decide to sit on the loo and have a smoke while you are waiting you may have a warm behind:):)

FatHands likes this.
  8. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Rubber glove, flat blade screwdriver/scraper

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I would have thought it could be scraped out, it wouldn't have stuck to the shiny porcelain to much, just don't go mad at it you don't want to scratch the pan to much or Your'll have items? Sticking to it all the time.

10. snezza30

snezza30 Member

Use a stick of Wood and a mallet. Just give it a few light thumps. If it has been sitting in the water at the bottom of the pan for a few days, it will still be relatively soft and should break up easily enough. I have had to do it on a couple of occasions....(don't ask......!!!!!) Bloody apprentices!!!!!

Snezza

11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Pour a kettle full of hot water on it. Leave it for half an hour, then poke it about and flush. Should get most, if not all of it gone.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really