Help! Trying to match worktop

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by shedster, Aug 29, 2017.

1. shedster

shedster New Member

Hi all - newbie to the forum and just wondering if anyone can help please.

Trying to locate a length of worktop (just over 1 metre would do the job).

Kitchen worktops replaced a while back with Formica Axiom Oriental Block PP0847 (it's a smooth finish with a slight lustre). Need to add a new cupboard and requested a sample from Formica only to find when it arrived and then spoke to them that they've replaced the PP0847 I've got with a textured finish called PP0847 Lumber. Tried everywhere locally and online I can think of but unable to locate the one I have that I think is called PP0847 Matte. Those online that look like it's in stock it isn't when I've enquired, they order direct from a distributor, or if a distributor from Formica, and the descriptions on their websites need updating to say 'lumber'!

Last local supplier I tried said best bet would be to try any kitchen fitters to see if they had any offcuts left over from a job which is why Ive arrived here. Would be a real life saver if any of you kitchen fitters out their were able to help or could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

CGN likes this.
  3. shedster

shedster New Member

Thanks for the reply kitfit1.
    Yes, knew it was a long shot but worth a try. If you know a kitchen fitter with such a warehouse let me know - there might be a bit of my worktop hidden away
    Thanks for the link. Yes, that is the one I'm after but they're one I've tried and their site is one of those that needs updating. Listed as Matte and in stock but they don't hold stock, they order in and they tell me it will be the Lumber version.
    I'll keep trying - there must be a bit hiding out there somewhere!!

4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

There almost certainly is a bit lurking out there somewhere lol, good luck.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

6. shedster

shedster New Member

Thanks Kiab. Site is showing the Lumber version, it's the Matte I'm after but I'll give them a call tomorrow and check them out just in case they have any. Thanks again.

7. shedster

shedster New Member

Hi Kiab - tried them today but no luck. Very friendly and sorry they couldn't help but they don't carry any stock or offcuts and would have to order in and it would be the Lumber finish that would be supplied by Formica, not the discontinued Matte. Thanks for trying to help - the search goes on :)