Help with edging of sharp bath edge

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by poppette8, Jul 31, 2014.

1. poppette8

poppette8 New Member

[​IMG]

Hi i am getting my bath tiled likethis pic so as you can see the end of the bath hsa a corner edge where the tiles meet and is very sharp and dangereous as shown in the pic. is there anything i can ensure the edge is less sharp.. is there any product i can buy to get my tiler to put on it. thanks alot for you expert advise

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

there's all manner of corner and edge trim - along with corner tiles and trim etc to avoid that

just tell your tiler you don't want sharps edges, he should know what to do ......

is that your actual room ?

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I would suggest you don't tile it in like that, there's no facility for maintainance, what will do do if the trap gets blocked or the taps need changing a few months or years down the line? :confused:

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

As suggested above just don't do it, use proper bath panels and you will avoid the sharp corner and have good access to the plumbing. In fact I have used gloss coated MDF panels on mine (B&Q) and fixed the end one on magnetic catches to hide all the spare loo rolls tissues and shower gels etc. Darn those 2 for 1 offers:D

5. poppette8

poppette8 New Member

hi, no thats not our bathroom. its how i would like it to look after its finished. the bath frame hasnt gone in yet.
    There is a bath panel, its just tiled whcih you can screw in to fix it so that the bath panel is removeable so you can still access the plumbing. we like the look of tiled finish all over

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Do you suffer from dyspraxia?

7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

At least he doesn't suffer from urinary extraction!

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

He?

9. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

With a username as such I would highly suspect the OP is female, possibly:p.

10. StevieSteve

StevieSteve Member

Yes, you shouldn't have to buy anything for your tiler, he's a tiler, he'll give you best advice.
    I'd just use standard trim and do a three way mitre on the corner.

11. poppette8

poppette8 New Member

Thanks StevieSteve, i asked my tiler and indicated there was nothing he can do :( thanks for everyones help...

12. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Time to find a decent tiler I fear, this is something a competent DIYer could do, so a professional should be able to do it no problems.

220954826032_2.jpg

13. proby

proby Active Member

If I'm reading it right the bath panel will be tilled and screwed into place so it can be removed for maintenance. If that's right can you not use some plastic corner edging fixed with some mirror screws. But I'm sure you can get access panels to allow for access to plumbing.

14. StevieSteve

StevieSteve Member

LOL at that tiler, does he have a horse.

15. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Is it gonna be a bathroom designed for "water sports" ? :p

16. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Those tiles, use an anglegrinder (or electric tile cutter)and stone grinder to take all the edges off then smooth off before fitting them. You can also apply clear sealer to all the edges. Get someone with a bit of common sense on to it.

"Nothing can be done" ? Pffffft.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really