HEP2o Pipe Problems

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Toby27, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

lot of piffle....................Listen son, we have been installing plastic water & C/heating pipes since the old days of Bartol Acorn. Push fit is best, they're designed for it. Only cowboys fit standard compression on plastic pipe, as they cut into the pipe wall & leak!!
    OK, get over it!!!

2. terry ball

terry ball New Member

REEL UM IN, I caught ya, hook line and sinker. ha ha ha

3. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Piffle ! ;)

4. wettneck

wettneck New Member

Its nice to see dafty Diyers fouling up on such an easy job like push fit,water must **** out of all their Garden Hoses.Never laffed so much since Pullers wife died.:D

5. p the plumber

p the plumber New Member

Pushfit is great but you gotta have experience with it or know the pitfalls, it lends itself brilliantly to sealing on o rings but it doesnt stand up too well to being compressed in a compression fitting even with an insert. I have used it for the last 23 years and dont get leaks.I still prefer copper tube because once its done you can walk away knowing its more permanent than plastic would be. So plastic and copper are equally good and have advantages over each other(cost,speed,longevity)you just gotta know when it is best to use what type and that comes with experience. Keep on plumbing :)

6. mantor

mantor New Member

I've just looked in the mirror and I definetly ain't got a worried look om my face. Maybe it's cos I always use copper olives if I'm putting plastic into compression joints.

7. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

are clueless!!

Overtightning is the problem and cheapoo fittings with short insert depth barely gets on the plastic. Kuterlite for me on plastic to copper and manufacturers fittings/inserts plastic to plastic. I had a hep pull off copper pipe for no reason once and won't use push fit on copper again.

8. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I've just looked in the mirror.............and it's still in one piece, amazing!!! Here's me thinking you were the ugliest man in Scouserland Manta.

9. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Never laffed so much since Pullers wife died...............................RIP Morag!!.......................Well, she didn't really die, she ran off with my best pal, God I miss him!!

10. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

You've get 'em all wound up nicely tonight Dick! ;)

11. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I thought it was just the way I'm sitting Skipper??!