Here's an idea

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by joinerjohn1, Apr 24, 2013.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Could we possibly have a list of members who are online, at the bottom of the forum home page? Many other forums have this, so you can see who, and how many users are logged in to the forum? ;)

2. joinerjohn1

Alrighty, Can I have my very own personal list of which idiots are online at any particular time? Specially the ones starting with mr s .

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Problem with that is, you maybe signed in, but off somewhere else. I tend to sign in, stay signed in but wander off to other internet stuff, might be gone for hours, might not come back at all, depending on what else I might be engrossed in.

So you could be sat there thinking 'I know that member is online, why isn't he/she answering me?'

Also, if you don't sign in you may be listed as a 'guest', so you still don't know who is online, and unless you intend to post, most likely there's no point signing in.

Just some reasons I find that makes it a bit of a pointless effort. You of course might be happy, and cope with those limitations, everyone to their own I suppose.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Ah, trust me to reply at just that point. :(

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. joinerjohn1

Even if you select the option to "remember me" I'm sure the software on other forums detects when your offline. I have tried it on another forum and had a look on't missus computer when I'd left the forum and my name was automatically removed from the list of "online users"  Anyway, I don't know if the Jive software can be configured to show which users/idiot,(wonder who I could mean)  is online. ;)

6. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Also found that if you click on your username at the top left, you will find people button just above name on your profile page.

teabreak