Hidden fixings for door

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by AceRimmer, Aug 11, 2016.

1. AceRimmer

AceRimmer New Member

So, I need to fix a door into a frame that is wider than the door is and I want to hide the fixings.

For example, the opening is the height of the door, and three times the width. The door is glazed and will only form a partial divider for a room so I need to secure it into the frame using hidden fixings but it needs to be secure.

I thought about double ended screws or perhaps flush mount brackets to slot the door into the frame and secure it.

Anyone got any better suggestions?

2. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

ask us one about sport

PLPlanning likes this.
  3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is the door supposed to swing afterwards?

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Good luck winding the door round on the double-ended screw!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

Take a pic of a simple drawing so we can understand. o_O

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

2 pins and 2 holes in the wall side. Slide it in. 2 flush bolts(top and bottom) in the open side. Lock into position.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

7. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Er right so....er.....are you using the door not as a door but as a fixed panel ?

If the opening is 3 times width of door, is door going in the middle or to one side ?

Is there going to be a frame around both sides and head of door ?

Could ask so many more questions ..........like er....that name....who told you that you was Ace at 'it' ???

8. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

op must be a council architect. a few screws and some filler should just about do it.

9. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

Can you router out a square 20mm x 20mm continuous recess out of the door at the top and bottom and securely fix a batten of say 18*18mm hardwood or whatever it takes to the floor and frame head and slide the door in to the runners. Skew screw a fixing and the ends top and bottom.