History of members past.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by miss pickle, Aug 17, 2015.

1. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Sad week for everyone last week. Tom a true legend left screwfix :( and miss p stayed :oops: double whammy for you all :eek:
    I've been having a nosey at times gone by. I know I should get a life :rolleyes: but I was interested!
    After reading so many old threads from years gone by I can see just what a huge loss tom will be :(
    Pb and flats were obvious characters too and I do think its a shame they left, there was a lot of life and soul here and you had many a laugh and lots of fun :D
    But what of the other characters who I never had the pleasure of coming across?
    I'm desperate to hear stories of looch and there is little history about her.
    Please tell me some stories :) I would love to hear them.

2. Ah, looooooch... :)

Looch was a terrific lady. She went under the name of Lucia Fermi, and was a sparky by trade.

And, boy, she knew her stuff. Many a male sparky tried to take her on, but she swallowed them whole and spat them out in teeny, tiny pieces - it was awesome to witness.

Wit? Oh ma gawd, yes. And she constantly picked me up on my grammatical errors. That's ME. I mean, how dare she.

Oooooh, I loved being picked on by her... :rolleyes:

She was truly fab - a gin-swilling, ciggie-smouldering feisty lady 'of a certain age'. Bludy wonderful.

She was a fan of Mr Plum, and he of her.

Sadly missed - I fear gorn forever. In every sense. :oops:

FatHands and miss pickle like this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Looch:( miss her.
    Lokkars Daisy is another that has faded away.

Trying to think way back to 2005 & who was around then, but names elude me.:(

4. miss pickle

I would have absolutely loved to have read every post of hers. She sounds a fantastic lady and such an interesting one.
    Awww I'm quite sad that I wasn't here when she was :oops: I would have loved her :)
    She would of hated miss p haha! Oh my gawd can you imagine :eek::eek: it would of been brilliant though.
    She sounds like one in a million :) :( I wish there was more of her. The world needs more Lucia's :D

facilities likes this.
  5. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

What about Charlie Farley?

6. miss pickle

Yes I came across that name kiab. Another female? Or just a playful name :confused: have you no idea what happened to lokkar then? Did they just disappear???
    Its been so interesting looking back. It must be sad for the long standing members when people that you have been talking to for years just vanish :oops:
    Dev is quite right that things just have to move on I suppose :(
    For me its like finding a gallery of screwfix ghosts who were much loved :) I always did have a soft spot for history.

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Just had a look 'Notable Members' quite a few dissappeared in 2013:eek:, Clark Kent 20k posts & gone.

8. miss pickle

I must admit I have come away with a lot of respect for the long standing members that remain. I won't mention names incase I accidentally leave someone out :confused: but its been an eye opener.
    So many consistently brilliant people with strong characters and a wealth of knowledge that manage to rub along with each other on a daily basis. I don't believe it is ever "just a forum" its more like a family :) well that's the feeling that I get.
    Miss p as you all know will be a flash in the pan. I was never a stayer :oops: I'm more of a sprinter than a marathon runner (fastest at 100m throughout junior and senior school actually ;)) Plus I have nothing to offer smiley-confused013.gif coz I don't know anything :D
    I will though I can assure you be an annoying fly buzzing around for a while but that's about all.
    Hats off to the greats on here. Credit where its due. You do a great job ;) don't become ghosts :( stay forever :) coz wherever miss p is I want to think of you all here together :D I might pop in every Xmas just to get up your nose :p:p:p
    If you think of any brilliant looch moments then please let me know. I'd love to hear them.
    Wish I'd known her :D

9. One of Lucy's posts.Look under removed 7

Excuse me dears, we'll have no more silly talk about fiddling with UBS plugs and stuff: This thread is about me and Tomps goin't pub of a Friday evening......

Tomp dear: Forget the Tonic Water - just make it a double Gin - with a cherry on a stick.........

'Motherboards' indeed!

Lucia x

removed 7, Jun 29, 2012

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  10. miss pickle

Hahaha! Brilliant. :D
    What's this "removed 7"??? How do I find it? Is there anymore posts of hers?

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ahh Lucia, A Gilbert and Sullivan affecionado. Yep I too miss her witty put downs . Another old timer was Ban All Sheds (still active on diy donuts) and still the same answers like,,,, "If you have to ask this question, your obviously not qualified to install electrical fixings," or " Do you understand the implications of not adhering to BS7571?" etc, etc, etc, (the list is extremely repetitive with such answers) He offered absolutely no advice whatsoever (apart from "Seek the help of a qualified sparky". An occasional poster on here (who still comes around) is Water Systems (aka Walter) A would be heating systems designer, who decided long ago that only Atag and Intergas boilers were worthy of a mention in his many replies to heating threads. Came out with such notable replies ... (example) Q , My Worcester boiler was installed a few weeks ago and I haven't noticed if my gas bill has gone down,, anyone know if it will?"
    Walters answer,,,,,, Your gas installer should have put in an Intergas boiler, because there's only 4 moving parts in it." (note the lack of any reference to the gas bill coming down in the reply)
    Finally, an old time poster was one known as Clint.. As mad as a box of frogs that one, but great comedic posts that had us all enthralled/outraged. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  12. Click on search,put in removed 7 in members name.

13. miss pickle

Thank you Deleted member 11267 x much appreciated :)

14. miss pickle

Haha! Yeah I'm familiar with ban all sheds :D he got battered towards the end :D
    Miss p is gonna have Walter if he shows his face again!!! lol ;)
    Clint??? I'd like to read his. I will explore more tomorrow :cool:
    Thanks JJ x

15. miss pickle

Wow you've been a member since 2003 :D that's a long time gadget man.
    Thanks. I will investigate ;)

16. miss pickle

Deleted member 11267 :D a ten year member. I love it ;)

17. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I think you'll find that Clark Kent is alive and well (and almost equal-for a cryptic clue)!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

18. miss pickle

Andy lol we already know you are too clever for me :rolleyes:
    Give me another clue ;)

Don't mention the teeth yeah? :mad: I have fought long and hard to lose the last image you imprinted on me :D

19. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

alive and well on here Andy?!

20. miss pickle

We are talking superman kryptonite then yeah??? An almost "cryptic clue" I'm right aren't I?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015