Holed Drilled without Permission- Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by jwaza, Jun 24, 2016.

1. jwaza

jwaza New Member

Thanks guys.

The tenant has filled and painted the hole. But, this was done all at once, not sure if he allowed to dry and then paint.
    How would I know if he did this professionally not just used a filler from the 99p store, that is my question, and he also did this without instructing me, despite the L-Agents warning him not to fix the hole. I know this sounds petty, but I really do care for my property. Lol.

2. frosty82

frosty82 Active Member

If you really care for your property as you say you do, then it would he wise to get all main services put in place before letting a property out. People like to watch TV. Just because they rent doesn't mean they should go without this basic service. My advice, tell your Tennant that your sorry you over reacted to such a tiny thing and that he is more than welcome to pop the cable back through but put a bit of sealant around the cable outside on the render.
    I personally don't think your Tennant has done anything in the slightest that would he detrimental to the property and I don't blame him for not asking and just going ahead with putting the cable through as it's such a basic thing to do.

KIAB likes this.
  3. christatt

christatt New Member

Do you let out the ground floor too? As id be furious about the hanging basket lol..

Get real..

4. jwaza

jwaza New Member

I had it checked by a friend's builder and the tenant filled the drilled hole with mastic.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Agree.

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

How do you know it was water proof mastic ? I would obtain a sample and send it off for testing

KIAB likes this.