home alarm system

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by mrsfoz, Apr 15, 2014.

1. mrsfoz

mrsfoz New Member

Hi my alarm has stopped working properly since I had my new bathroom fitted. We have an old fuse bord in and the electric shower has been removed which was connected to the fuse bord..they took a cell out if it while doing the work and its now back in ( the electric shower replaced with a bar one ) but when we set the alarm it just beeps until it sets itself off. The red light on the sensor in corner of living room isn't lighting up either? Any one know what it could be?

2. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Mrsfoz, Your not having much luck...at a guess I'd say a tamper is possibly setting the alarm off. The panel or keypad will tell you where the fault is or which zone is setting the alarm off.

Are there any lights showing which zone is open?

Which part of the country are you.

B J

3. mrsfoz

mrsfoz New Member

It just goes on as normal then beeps for ages the sensor isnt lighting up like it used too. The panel when i set it doesnt report a fault. Im testing it now and its just been beepibg non stop ots not even setting the alarm off.
    UEJACKET, post: 1289368, member: 107862"]Mrsfoz, Your not having much luck...at a guess I'd say a tamper is possibly setting the alarm off. The panel or keypad will tell you where the fault is or which zone is setting the alarm off.

B J[/QUOTE]
    Says setti

4. mrsfoz

mrsfoz New Member

[QUits saying living room fault now with a number 2
    TE="BLUEJACKET, post: 1289368, member: 107862"]Mrsfoz, Your not having much luck...at a guess I'd say a tamper is possibly setting the alarm off. The panel or keypad will tell you where the fault is or which zone is setting the alarm off.

B J[/QUOTE]
    Oh I

5. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

IS THE SENSOR battery operated

6. mrsfoz

mrsfoz New Member

No i think its electric... how do I check? Lived here 6 yrs and its never gone off..

7. mrsfoz

mrsfoz New Member

Sorry to sound idiotic. My husbands no good with this stuff so..

8. Biochef

Biochef Member

If the shower guys pulled cables from fuse board and ran new one I'd say a cable for your pirs has been snagged and pulled from screwed terminals in alarm panel,because most likely your alarm cables run in cavity along with house wiring you have to take front panel of alarm and check for broken or snapped wires
    Don't forget to take fuse out of spur it should be next to panel