Honeywell ST699 to ST9400C - Non standard wiring conversion ?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Fenny, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Fenny

Fenny New Member

Thought swapping these over was going to be simple but the wiring I have does not appear to conform with the conversion data on the website / enclosed instructions - just want to be 100% sure.

Instructions say:

__ST699 - L - N - 3 - 4 - 5 - - -6 - 7 - 8
    ST9400C - L - N - 4 - 2 - nc - - 3 - 1 - nc

The trouble is T5 is COM - 2 * Red wires for heating and T8 is COM 1 * Red wire for Hot W so cannot not connect them on the ST9400C.

(I have a set of 6 connections, the 2 * NC on the ST699 are 7 & 4)

Please could someone clarify ?

Many thanks

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  2. sam spade

sam spade Active Member

Are you talking about the wires which link L to 5 and 8? If so, they are not required as the link are made internally on the ST9400C.

Wire as follows (ST699 first):

L to L
    N to N
    3 to 4 (CH ON)
    6 to 3 (HW ON)
    7 to 1 (HW OFF) - may not be present on your system.

Fenny likes this.
  3. Fenny

Fenny New Member

Yes it is the wires that go on T5 and T8, I had not noticed they are bridged, probably on the back plate I have not removed yet.

You are correct there are no wires on T7.

I'll wire as you outline.

Many thanks for you reply ✨✨✨✨✨

4. Greenbank Solar

Greenbank Solar New Member

Download the Honeywell wiring app and from the home controls site download wiring guide edition 16 which also includes a trouble shooting guide for beginners.

Interesting the wiring guide include information on Opentherm (bus therm), I mostly install modulation controls for heating controls and strip out old dumb on/off systems, so much cleaner and simple compared to birds nest wiring centres.

5. MarcoCambridge

MarcoCambridge New Member

Hello there,

I am about to replace ST699 to ST9400C, but there are only 4 wires coming from the wall and there are interlinking wires between L-6, 3-7 and 5-6.

Please find photo attached.

Any idea, how to connect these?

Many thanks in advance.

20161128_140424-e.jpg