Horrendous Property development example

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by sospan, Feb 18, 2017.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Anybody see the property development program that was on TV this week - Property Ladder ?

They featured 3 properties, usual thing - people trying to make an income from renovation. Two went quite well with people doing the basic work themselves, the third however, what a nightmare.

Amongst the things they showed the wally doing.

Front drive, the guy decides to put in some off the road parking. So he gets a load of topsoil / clay, sprinkles a few half bricks here and there. Next step run a whacker plate over it. However, the ground is too uneven and wet for the whacker to move. Next step, cover with plastic and then sand, run whacker plate over it. To top it off cover with crushed slate chippings! Even the presenter was making comments on it suitability

Rather than, clean out the grout, old and moldy silicon in shower -and more on top

Then there was the murals - we are talking straight out of Corrie. Some of them were room sized and he put in about 6 around the house.

The worst thing however, was the presenter said he sold his house and "made" 20k for "just" 10 weeks work. Which means that it will not only encourage him to do an others like him as well.

Joe95 and Astramax like this.
  2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

o_Oo_OSaw the previous weeks episode...........that was enough! o_O:eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Fortunately I missed that one.

What was the program called ? - I can't recall its name

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Just goes to show how wrong "experts" can be. ;););)

5. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

This was the fella running it over the mud and then attempting to clean it off the whacker right?
    I watched it yesterday on catch-up, one of the most amusing things I have seen. The end result was even better, with the chippings lacking any edging and laid so uneven it was an eye-sore.

If you haven't seen it yet, it is worth a watch. You'll be asking 'why' every 5 minutes, whilst watching in amusement and amazement.

6. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

I see it.........That bloke was a disaster.........it was called climbing the property ladder on channel 5.

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

That it - knew it had property ladder in the name somewhere

leesparkykent likes this.
  8. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

All I was saying was WTF under my breath. Funny he was more worried about losing the deposit on the hire than doing a good job.

So going to be buying any of those Murals for your house then ;)

Joe95 likes this.
  9. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Haven't seen it since I was filmed! :D

Joe95 likes this.
  10. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I want to know when he can start! :D