Hot water system for two showers

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Deano070578, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Deano070578

Deano070578 Member

I'm setting up a small caravan site and am looking to install two showers. ideally two electric showers would be lovely - cheap and heats water as it is needed! But I'm a bit worried of scalding etc.

Is there any solutions out there other than this? I thought about a small hot water cylinder and scald valves - with a Screwfix Franke Vandal-Resistant Shower Head - I need to find some buttons to activate this.

Are there any other better solutions?

Thanks for your help beforehand.

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

There are some comercial gas instantaious water heaters on the market which would only heat the water required.
    The link is for Worcester but other manufacturers do make them as well

https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/installer/commercial-heating

Edit, sorry just seen two showers the above may be a bit big.

If its only two showers then go for the electric option, Personally I wouldnt worry about scalding as you may be able to limit the temperature control knob

3. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

You need an unvented cyl, a simple blending valve would be fitted to the outlet of the cyl, you can have solar thermal too it would be very beneficial for your needs, if you have solar which is classed as the primary heat source than you have to fit a blend as regs, peak times through summer are ideal for solar, you can have a hot return too, this removes the dead leg of cold water which is not good for clients, with solar the cylinder is increased to make the most of the days sun & stores 300ltrs etc of hot water, a small boiler would be needed about 12-15 kW for times when the panel is low temp, I would be happy to design for you with your best option suited, there are many options you can benefit from for long term savings with low cost systems when designed specifically for ones needs