How do I connect a Flomasta 3439G 2 Channel Programmer to a Vokera Linea 735 boiler?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Fitterman, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

How do I connect a Flomasta 3439G 2 Channel Programmer to a Vokera Linea 735 boiler?

I bought the Flomasta 3439G 2 Channel Programmer from Screwfix as it was going for a decent price.

The connections on the Vokera Linea 735 are L L N N TA TA - POS POS
    The connections on the Flomasta as L N 1 2 3 4

Would i be right to connect the L & N on the Vokera to the L & N on the Flomasta, then connect the the Live TA from the boiler to number 2 on the programmer which is the CH off?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

You have brought a 2 channel programmer, you need a single channel one for a combi boiler.

this will do it.

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

You are better of purchasing a programmable thermostat, either a wired version or wireless.

4. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

Hello, thanks for the quick reply. I'll take it to Screwfix in the morning and get it swapped over. How would I connect the Single channel programmer?

5. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

How would this be wired?

6. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

Can a 2 channel programmer be configured as a 1 channel and if so what would be the wiring configuration?

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Do you have an external thermostat fitted?

8. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

No, no external thermostat, the programmer will control the heating only as the hot water is on demand.

9. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Best to return for a single channel or programmable room thermostat (recommended :))

For a basic time clock, take a L, N feed and the 2 x TA connectors will be the switch.

If there is not controls at present , there will be a link between the 2 x TA terminals.

10. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

Hello, thanks for that, so basically I run cables from the L & N on the Flomasta and connect them to the TA terminals on the Vokera and then remove the link cable.
    Does it matter which cable goes to which TA as I thought 1 of them was a live out?
    Also, is this configuration for a single channel programmer or can I do it with my 2 channel programmer?

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

11. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

Hello, I'm still looking for answers to my questions before I get to Screwfix today, any updates please?

12. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

Ok, I've got the single channel programmer. Do I connect the L of the programmer to the first TA on the boiler and the N of the programmer to the second TA on the boiler?
    Also, I take it this will power the programmer too?

13. F'man, are you sure you don't have a room thermostat? What controls the actual temperature of your home?

14. F'man, on the instructions I've seen on the Linea 735 boiler, the two 'TA' connections appear to be 'volt free'.

Ie - I don't see any of what you referred to as a 'live TA' in your first post. Also, what does 'POS POS' mean?

Perhaps your boiler is different, but the instructions I've seen have 'TA', 'TA' and 'Spare'.

In which case you wouldn't connect any power to these 'TA', only use them as a 'switch'. Ie - if you link the two TA's, the boiler should come on.

You will find such 'switching' terminals on pretty whatever timer/programmer/room thermostat you buy, and then it'll be obvious which two terminals you connect to TA and TA.

So please confirm for me:

1) Are the terminals on the boiler L L N N TA TA Spare? Or what? If not, please post a photo.
    2) How do you currently turn your boiler on and off - what sort of timer is used?
    3) Do you have a room thermostat? If not, what makes your boiler turn off when your house is warm enough?

Ta.

15. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

Hello, thanks for answering.

1) Are the terminals on the boiler L L N N TA TA Spare? Or what? If not, please post a photo.

Your right, from front to back they are N N L L TA TA Spare

2) How do you currently turn your boiler on and off - what sort of timer is used?

The boiler is operated using the boiler controls, no timer.

3) Do you have a room thermostat? If not, what makes your boiler turn off when your house is warm enough?

I have sensors on the radiators.

There is a link wire between the 2nd TA and the spare.

The single channel time switch I want to connect is a flomasta 7635G from Screwfix.
    The connections are N L 1 (com) 2(off) 3 (on) 4

Is this enough info?

16. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

17. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

18. Fitterman

Fitterman Member

This is the Diagram of the Flomasta Single Channel Timeswitch New Single Channel Flomasta Timeswitch.jpg

19. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

From the diagram connect a Neutral and Live supply to the clock. Make the link that is shown in the diagram between L and 1. connect 2 and 3 to 2 x TA, doesn't matter which way around.

20. eric the fish

eric the fish Member

Sorry Jitender I don't agree with your answer.
    Firstly I think that each pair of terminals (on the boiler) are linked ( Neutral in Neutral out. Live in Live out, TA in TA out)
    The connections should be (between boiler and programmer) N to N , L to L, programmer No 1 to boiler TA and programmer No 3 to boiler M16.
    I would be interested if others agree

Fitterman likes this.