How far is too far to travel to work?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by I Like Timber, Sep 5, 2014.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Get that right and everything else is just unimportant.

2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

I've been married 17yrs Chippie and have 2 great kids,it's a happy life for plumberboy.
    Now have you sorted out your overflowing tank.:)

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Chippie's wife, has taken over his account, that it he had to many merlots. :)

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yep the right partner is the best thing to have, I've had ten years of happy marriage, Yes I know I've been married for 32 years but only ten have been happy. ( only joking mrs plum ), 2 kids now fully grown and 2 grandkids, the grandkids are lifes reward for the long journey in getting them, they are better than a lottery win and more precious than gold, you cannot buy grandkids and you might work hard all your life and never be lucky enough to have them,

so come and shake hands with a millionaire :):):):)

Phil the Paver likes this.
  5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The tank seems to have sorted it's self out. Phil must be on the **** with that spelling and grammar.

6. It depends if you are working for a company and getting paid travelling time and expenses covered then it doesn't matter how far away work is work, if your self employed you have to work out whether after fuel cost and the time its taken you to get there and back whether your actually going to make enough money out of the job to make it worth the hassle ( i always have my ipod in the van so i dont have to listen to the ***** on the radio )

7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I am self employed and live in the Midlands and pretty much happy to work anywhere. Have flown up to Scotland for a days work, work in London on a regular basis, and worked all over from Dorset to Norfolk and Kent. I make sure my price for the job includes an extra amount that covers a decent hotel,expenses and travel costs. It keeps me busy and I get some nice jobs from being prepared to travel.