How many teeth do I need?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by dvddvd, Jun 1, 2017.

1. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

im looking for a new 200mm saw blade for a table saw.

I want to get a clean cross cut on some pieces of bamboo 60mm worktop, making them into 600mm X 400mm squares, also some maple 60mm worktop the same sizes?

What sort of tpi should I need, is more teeth the better ?

Also what brands are best?

Just had a look at Screwfix and they don't sell 200mm blades? Do people use 210mm ?

It's for a Sheppach TS82 table saw

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

Sorry it's 40mm bamboo worktop

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The more teeth the better, probably between 40 and 70.
    You can use 210mm if it will fit on the saw but check out other suppliers.

4. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Can you check the actual blade diameter ...

If you go to the TS82 on te Screwfix site you can download the manual and that tells me the blade is 270 diameter with a 30mm bore. You are saying 200mm which is way different.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

What, this one ?

Scheppach TS82 200mm Precision Table Saw 240V

6. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

Strange it is a 8 inch saw and it says 200mm on screwfix specifications, but on the manual it says 270mm ? I wonder if that's for the 10 inch version ?

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

The 10" saws are the Scheppach HS 100 & 105 series.

9. Pollowick

Yes, that one. The one where the manufacturers information in the available manual says 270x30x2,7 mm

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Misprint.:(

11. Pollowick

The manual is for a TS82 ... And also gives the depth of cut at 60mm so if it is the "wrong manual" then that could be wrong too.

Also thinking about it ... for a 60mm deep cut you will need around 70 mm of blade visible. That will be very tight - the Scheppach HS80 which has a 210mm blade does just 48mm depth. Some of their machines with a 315 blade have cut depths of 83 mm so 2x(83-60)=46mm 270+46=316 ...

You need to fully check the blade diameter and cut depth with Scheppach rather than SF who do not keep them in stock.

12. Pollowick

Maybe, but if that is, then what about other data ? What I am suggesting is that the OP fully checks the data before committing. The UK importers are, from memory, NMA Agencies.

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A quick google, all list TS82 with a 200mm diameter blade.

14. Pollowick

So, if it is a misprint in the manufacturers spec which it could well be the original question remains.

Can a 210 blade be used in the machine? I would say there is a risk - you can see the clearance above the table, but what about below? What about when over at 45 degrees? are all the guards sufficient? are clearances enough? You will not know. Check the blade supplied - what size is it? 200mm or 8" (203.2mm) and use that as the maximum.

Just get a 200mm blade - I would suggest: http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/browse.php/section/1189/level/3 the stock cheap through to expensive and quality and have 200mm available in 16, 30 & 40 T

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Don't reckon you will get a 210mm blade in there safely.

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/section//sn/FRDLP40M016#.WTEnyMa1uPd

And for anyone thinking of buying a table saw, go for a 10" (254mm) model, wider choice of blades.:)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  16. Pollowick

I went for a 315mm - and can use 300 and 305 blades with it so there is a vast range. My finest blade is one of the smaller ones - I had a good deal in a clearance £10 for a £45 blade!

KIAB likes this.
  17. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Makes sense,I also have a 315mm saw bench, seldom use it's full capacity, but it's handy to have.