How much adhesive?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by koolpc, Nov 25, 2016.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Probably do what i did before then. Use nowt!

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  2. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

What would you chaps use to extend the wires of a double socket? I am thinking ahead and thinking that if the there is not much slack for when i go out approx 65mm from old wall i may not have enough to extend the sockets onto the new Plasterboard!

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Well you might use nowt if you can get a hold of some. Not seen it in the shops for ages, might be sold out or production has ceased. Or make up some of your own, its easy enough!

koolpc likes this.
  4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

One of those Ashley maintenance free junction boxes?

5. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

7. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

8. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Its got to be able to fit in there too.

9. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Well, nearly got all bits for wall. Some deliveries tomorrow and hopefully start! Depends if the tanalised timber is dry when delivered as it is normally soaking wet!! Will have to let it dry out thoroughly otherwise!

10. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Well, had all the stuff delivered today. Started to batten the wall. Some of the wood is wet so got to let it dry out thoroughly first before putting insulation in! Dont want rot etc coming along later! Wood is tanalised. I will take some pics as i progress and post on here

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I bought Easydrive concrete screws. 7.5mm. Drilled hole 6mm in wall and through batten obviously. My cordless 18v Bosch combi drill would only put the screws in 70%. Fully charged etc. I had to use my ordinary 'wired' drill to finish putting them in!

I guess this is where an Impact driver would help? That would power it in? Not that i am going to buy one! lol

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

2 bag's of adhesive will do ya. ;-)

13. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

??????????? o_O

14. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Buy a 6.5mm diameter drill bit (Hilti to do them), re drill holes, should go in easier on the thread.

15. What length are the screws?
    Turn the drill speed down and you will have more torque.

16. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I bought an Impact Driver, no idea how I managed with out it!

longboat, Joe95 and chippie244 like this.
  17. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Bought the recommended drill bit on the box. 6.5 would be too big. Screws are 100mm. All done now anyway guys:

WP_20161201_09_54_19_Pro.jpg

Joe95 likes this.
  18. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Great, glad you got the screws in. Keep the photos coming!

19. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I will. Elec sockets next. Got to wait for timber to dry out properly too. Its almost bone dry now. I use a moisture meter on it.

20. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Hoping to sort out electric sockets this weekend then the following weekend insulate between battens and plasterboard!

Some of the timber is showing 30% moisture so got to wait for it to dry out. Probably around 14% would be right