How not to Organise Your Van!!!

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by palavaman, Oct 20, 2012.

1. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Makes me look bad infront of inquisitive customers.  Why do they have insist on helping me take my tools inside their haws?

[​IMG]

On most ocasions, I have to go out and buy fittings that I know I have plenty in Van but just cant locate the buggers?

[​IMG]
    Not 4nny

2. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

There is a definite pattern here palava, personally I cant stand a messy van, does my head in, sort it out mate....

3. palavaman

O-wiggy, it will take me a good week (or couple of days) to sort this van out.
    It realy embarasses me, honest.  Trouble is you finish work late, then just grab stuff and throw into the van, next day you do the same and by the end of the week, you dont know where anything is?
    I have at least 4 of each pipe slice?  Keep promising to take a day off work and sort van out, but not done so.
    I have made a decision.  I will take Monday and maybe Tuesday (or part of Tuesday) off and get the van properly organised.
    DONE

4. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I know what you mean palava, same for me, I try and stay on top of it, but after a hard day and packing up in the dark and wet everything just gets thrown in. Do it now you will feel so much better and as your only mincing about on here you got no excuse

5. palavaman

Point taken.
    Thanks for the advice

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

just spend ten minutes after the days work re organizing your van, you have to keep on top,

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

7. palavaman

Quite nifty Tomas. I have to pull all the stops to keep ontop of van tidiness.
    just this afternoon, my local vicar rang, pleading that I try and help sort the female toilet as it is making a lot if noise?
    Got there, and after searching for over 30 mins, could not locate a side entry fill valve, (I know there is at least 3 in the van somewhere), so had to postpone the repairs to Monday. Will use 30mins of my tidying up time on Monday to sort the toilet.

8. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Makes me wonder how you manage to sleep in there every night!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I had a call from the reverend vicar saying that trap 3 in the ladies loo was making an awful noise,,,,, Turns out the spinster Ms Jones had been trapped in there for 2 ,1/2 days (poor soul) She'd been suffering with IBS (irritable  ****** syndrome) for many years and no one missed her during the service (or the bingo afterwards) ;)

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

10. SandMan

SandMan Guest

Did you manage to get it sorted out? I'd love to see the "after" photo!

11. palavaman

I am still on it

12. fredrickskitchens

fredrickskitchens New Member

Did you manage to sort this van outs? Love to see an after pics ?

13. TomPlumb

TomPlumb Guest

The back of that van looks just like mine - nightmare but I'll get round to cleaning it out one day....

14. Engineer02

Engineer02 Member

mmmm, looks like you need a new van, this ones full !!

15. Biffo

Biffo Member

16. Hilton

Hilton Guest

Hi, this is my first post so hi to all. I have a greate way of organising my van. I will warn you lot im a bit of a dewalt junkie. Anyways i have build my ow. Version with rhe help of friends of racking to carry the dewalt tough boxs so all my power tools are secured on one side of the van. I do still need to finish of the other side as im planning on makeing draws and remobeable shelves erc for all the rest ofy kit. I am also planning on fitting a microwave in there aswell i have a power inverter that i use to charge batts as im drive from job site to job site and also turns the van into a mobile generater so will be able to power important equipment like microwave and a kettle. If i can work out how to post pictures i will post one up for you guys to see. It is still a work in progress atm so bare with the filth of working around dirty sites all the time.

Ok so here is my attempted at shareing a pic let me know if it works. 
    [​IMG]

Message was edited by: Chippy Aaron

Attached Files: