How often do you wear a tool belt ??

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Welshdragon1, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

I have one hanging up in the works van, however it gets rarely used these days & only gets used when working outside on ladder work I also use a lanyard for power tools on heights.

2. I have one hanging off the back of the passenger seat and i tend to only use it when roofing if im working up a ladder and im going to be there for a while i tend to chuck all the tools i will need into a bucket and hang it off the ladder with an S hook (also very handy for chucking any rubbish in while your up there Cig ends rubble etc)

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  3. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

I wear a belt and I'm a tool, does that count.:D

4. Welshdragon1

I got no answer to that 1 PB :p lol

5. Think hes been having a sunday afternoon drink hahahaha

6. plumber-boy

No I don't drink but I've been painting a cupboard so I'll blame it on the fumes and boredom, bludy hate painting.:confused:

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got one or two in the workshop, been there 20 years or so, never used them, but a robin used one last year for nesting.

8. Blimey if you get bored after one cupboard how do you think ill feel after a summer of painting houses at least ill have a good tan though hahaha

9. Welshdragon1

There is always a face-mask for that :p lol

10. plumber-boy

I hope you charge them rent.:)

11. plumber-boy

I find the fume inhalation helps with the boredom, and if I do a really bad job my wife won't ask me to paint that often.;)

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  12. Been looking on the web for something small and light (the reason i rarely wear my toolbelt is the size and weight before you even put any tools in it) have been thinking about something like this i can just chuck the few tools i need in it and get on with the job anybody bought any of these pouches before? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plano-Pocket-Pouch-PL527RS-MB/dp/B0001P0IME

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  13. plumber-boy

Looks like a neat little pouch C.W. and cheap.

14. My thoughts exactly :)

plumber-boy likes this.
  15. plumber-boy

Put the order in then.;)

16. Will do when the check clears hahahaha

17. Welshdragon1

Hope the cheque is not made of rubber

18. So does the customer otherwise theyll be looking for some new knee caps hahahaha

plumber-boy likes this.
  19. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

20. Welshdragon1

Now that is a belt many could wear not just to work but to events / Parties / raves etc :p lol

Wonder if our resident bar in shed member has one of these already ;)