how to fit a corner bath panel?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by ennorab, Dec 19, 2014.

1. ennorab

ennorab New Member

Hi I have a corner bath panel which I am struggling to fit.
    It's a Trojan Plastics Orlando Corner bath (see pics) - I'm not quite sure what I need to do in order to fit it under the bath. There are 5 wooden blocks distributed along the underside edge where I guess the clips would attach to. The problem I think I have got is the height of the bath is a little low and so I can only think of a couple of options:
    1. Trim the panel at the bottom. I want to avoid doing this as it would mean the panel would no longer have the flat lip for it to rest on the floor.
    2. Somehow trim the wooden blocks attached to the bath to give a little more height on the inside of the bath and attempt to bend the panel into place.

Any thoughts/suggestions/tips?
    cheers

IMG_20141218_201042.jpg
    IMG_20141218_201055.jpg IMG_20141218_201106.jpg IMG_20141218_201123.jpg

2. Yep you're scuppered! The installer sets the height of the bath to fit the panel after inspired guesswork on the flooring thickness.
    One option now is to trim the bottom of the panel, fit a few wooden blocks to the floor and scre the panel to these using white screw caps. Then a bead of silicone. It'll look all right!
    (Those white clips won't work as you'll have cut the lip off?

3. ennorab

ennorab New Member

I've gone for the trim on the top so any uneven rough cutting is hidden and keeps the flat lip on the floor... now the only problem I have is working out how to get it to fit more snug - I'm thinking of making some sort of wedges on those wooden blocks so it can make a tighter fit.

4. kbs

kbs Member

you should try fitting one in a light house...................

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Glue some thick foam to the blocks so it can be compressed by the panel.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really