How to fit radiator vales to 8mm pipe?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Bandicoot20, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Bandicoot20

Bandicoot20 New Member

I have 8mm microbore pipe that is currently connected to the old radiator valves.

I'm trying to fit the following TRV/valve;
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/danfoss-ras-c-white-chrome-trv-lockshield-8-10mm-angled/53183

The old valve is currently connect as follows from the top - Valve>Olive>Nut

I understand that the Danfoss has the 8mm adapter which replaces an olive, but I just cannot work out how this securely fits to the 8mm pipe as the nut is much bigger than the old valve so I can't seem to get it to lock to the pipe when I tighten Valve>Adapter>Nut.

I've attached a picture to show the difference between the current (old) valve & the Danfoss.

How do I connect this to the 8mm pipe? Am I missing something, or have I bought the wrong valve in the first place?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    IMG_1967 2.jpg

2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

There good valves,all you do is slide the nut on the pipe then your 8mm reducer and pop the valve on then do it up,but with the reducer you will feel a small resistance then a click then gently tighten but don't go mad.
    Job done.;)

3. Bandicoot20

Bandicoot20 New Member

Thanks for the reply.

Should the 8mm reducer be able to slide up and down the pipe? Or is it supposed to just sit at the top like in the attached photo? (It doesn't move any further down).

Thanks,

IMG_1964 2.jpg

4. plumberboy

Just sits on the top mate.

5. Bandicoot20

Bandicoot20 New Member

Ok, I'll have another go at it in the morning.

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated!

Cheers,

6. plumberboy

No worries, your welcome.