how to fix aquapanel to frame?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by not_a_clue, Jun 11, 2006.

1. not_a_clue

not_a_clue New Member

Hi all

I've completed all the pipework for my new shower and have a few panels of aquapanel.

I need to construct a timber frame onto an existing solid wall to house the new pipework.

I've got a pack of the aquapanel fixing screws but theres no instructions on how I should be doing this.

Do I screw directlty through the panels into the frame or do i need to drill guide holes first?

It may sound like an obvious question but with the closest supplier 45 mins away I'd rather ask now than balls it up and have to go and get another panel!

Also, in the fixing kit along with the screws are some small metal discs with several holes in them (about 25mm in diameter)...again obvious that they need to be used in conjunction with the screws but nothing to say if they go on the front or back of the panel...although I'm "guessing" at the back? :S

Cheers

Wayne

2. not_a_clue

not_a_clue New Member

3. not_a_clue

not_a_clue New Member

4. jasonb

jasonb New Member

This is the Fixing guide from Knauf who make Aquapanel. You can get away with drywall screws but use the gyproc BZP ones and reduce the fixing cts to 200mm, 40mm long if going into timber. Don't forget to tape the joints and tank the whole lot before you tile for a totally watertight job.

Jason

5. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Have you got a link to the Gyproc screws Jason?