How to stop unwanted PPI claims calls

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Jitender, Oct 7, 2014.

1. moppylhd

moppylhd Member

Try this.
    http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html
    The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is a free service. It is the official central opt out register on which you can record your preference not to receive unsolicited sales or marketing calls. It is a legal requirement that all organisations (including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties) do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS unless they have your consent to do so.

Organisations with which you have an ongoing relationship, for example those who regard you as a customer, (or in the case of charities - a donor) may well gather your consent during the early stages of your relationship with them and will therefore be entitled to call you even if your number is registered on TPS, unless you have previously told them specifically that you object to them calling you for marketing purposes.

The TPS can accept the registration of mobile telephone numbers, however it is important to note that this will prevent the receipt of marketing voice calls but not SMS (text) messages. If you wish to stop receiving SMS marketing messages, please send an 'opt-out' request to the company involved.

As TPS registration only prevents marketing calls, organisations will still be able to call you for the purposes of genuine market research.

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

The last sentence is how they get around the use of this service, so all in all it's pointless.

plumberboy likes this.
  3. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

LOL!!! I was thinking that very same thing Phil when I read that.:)

4. moppylhd

moppylhd Member

We have been registered on this service for quite a while but have recently been getting loads of nuisance calls. Tell them to take you off their call list as you are registered with TPS and they are breaking the law. Tell them you have noted their name and number. We have seen these calls drop dramatically.

5. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Works well then.:rolleyes::)

6. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I love getting calls off people trying to sell me garbage as they are so easy to wind up. I find the Scouse ones especially good value. I just start rambling on and chuck in a couple of insults and it goes from there!

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

When I get the ones that start with the pre-recorded message, I let the message play out, then press the requisite number "to be connected to one of our operators (who can win you £££millions)" Once they answer the phone, I tell them to remove my number from their database and program the computer to NEVER ring my number again. ;);)