How to top up pressure on Greenstar 24i

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Thor Halland, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Thor Halland

Thor Halland New Member

Hi;

I know nothing about boilers and worcestor/bosch arent really being helpful

I have no pressure in my boiler and need to top it up. Is this something I as a layman can do?

Its a 24i Greenstar

2. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I have done it on a similar model, (25i) you need to take the bottom panel of (pull the handle) and there should be a black hole next to the water inlet pipe, this requires a key to operate which may be sitting in the bottom panel or on top of the boiler, if you do not have it to hand.

CGN likes this.
  3. It will depend if the internal filling link has been fitted or an external filling loop installed.

4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

As Joe and Deleted member 11267 said.
    Usually a white 'key' that pushes in to form part of the filling loop, then a little white square that's basically a tap to allow the water in.

Had a slightly embarrassing moment once coming to the end of a bathroom refurb. Had drained the system down to finish off piping the towel rad up...about 3pm on a Sat, job done, went to refill and no bloody key! Had to shoot off to a friend who had a bosch boiler to borrow theirs...an hour round trip!
    Anyway, I've got one in my tool bag now :D

Joe95 likes this.
  5. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Been caught out on that one too, I spent three hours looking for my key in the van.....on a Friday afternoon...:oops:

CGN likes this.
  6. It is handy to note there are two different types of key.

Joe95 and CGN like this.
  7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Yep there is...well remembered Deleted member 11267 :)